diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Full Range (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/)
-   -   Woden Design Victor for FE166En (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/191159-woden-design-victor-fe166en.html)

chrisb 14th June 2011 08:43 PM

Woden Design Victor for FE166En

moved from Frugel-Horn Mk3 thread :cop:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mp9 (Post 2605618)
...great, while you're on the run could you design me a 6.5" driver FH Mk IV for my FE166EsR?

all the cocktail napkins will be a bit too soggy

two words:

Victor? - - victorious!

I had a chance to hear a pair of these last night - not a small enclosure, but quite stunning - bravo Scott.

Scottmoose 14th June 2011 08:45 PM

:) Thanks.

Glad it's working OK, the ES-R had me a little worried, given that it was meant for the En. Dave seemed pretty positive too.

planet10 14th June 2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mp9 (Post 2605618)
...great, while you're on the run could you design me a 6.5" driver FH Mk IV for my FE166EsR?

I can confirm that FE166eSR works very well in Victor (and very pretty -- i will post pics of Bernie's solid douglas fir build after i take some). Next will come FE166eN^2 and then, after i've done them, FE166eSReN.

dave

mp9 14th June 2011 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisb (Post 2605640)

:crackup: LOL

P.S., can someone send me the Victor plans to mull over? Among other things, i'd like to plot out a cut sheet on graph paper to get i rough idea of size, amount of plywood needed and weight.

zman01 14th June 2011 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisb (Post 2605640)

two words:

Victor? - - victorious!

I had a chance to hear a pair of these last night - not a small enclosure, but quite stunning - bravo Scott.

Congrats to all involved in the Victor project... as they say, nothing tastes (or in this case sounds) sweeter than success! :)

Not a small enclosure - smaller than the rough outline that was given at Scott's Woden Design website earlier?

-Zia

planet10 15th June 2011 12:25 AM

Victor plans are not free... and with this build out of beta (some consideration will likely be given for beta testers for the documents). I will get the Woden site updated.

9.5 x 60 x 17.5" (WxHxD) Same height as Maeshowe but a bit nicer proportions (IMHO)

http://wodendesign.com/fostex.html

dave

zman01 15th June 2011 01:16 AM

Dave,

A good 12 inches shorter than the previous estimate given at the Woden site - 72in x 10in x 18in (HxWxD).

Look fwd to some listening impressions as you keep on testing them.

-Zia

mp9 15th June 2011 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planet10 (Post 2605922)
Victor plans are not free... and with this build out of beta (some consideration will likely be given for beta testers for the documents). I will get the Woden site updated.

9.5 x 60 x 17.5" (WxHxD) Same height as Maeshowe but a bit nicer proportions (IMHO)

Woden Design | Fostex

dave

Nice dimensions, 5'x5' Baltic Birch will work, bonus!
I conversed with Scott L via E:mails about suitability/166EsR back in December.
Lmk, what's what with the plans.
...if you're looking for a beta tester in the Philadelphia area, or make that, "Filthadelphia" ranked 2nd dirtiest city by Travel and Leisure Magazine, previously the city with the Ugliest people and before that the most Hostile people. Hey, with a Statue of Sylvester Stallone as Rocky drawing more attention then the founding father William Penn atop City Hall and the cable sitcom "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia", i'm not surprised they missed the thing about "The City Of Brotherly Love", lol :D

planet10 15th June 2011 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zman01 (Post 2605970)
A good 12 inches shorter than the previous estimate given at the Woden site - 72in x 10in x 18in (HxWxD).

A case of the novel new design, Maeshowe, influencing the whole show.

dave

planet10 15th June 2011 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mp9 (Post 2606099)
Lmk, what's what with the plans.

Plans are currently VERY basic, would need feedback thru a build on bringing them up to at least minimum standards... email me (and cc Scott)

dave