Synergy Horns

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Herro All,
I have been pondering Danleys Synergy Horn full range designs and I thought, could i scale one down to say a home theater use :D.

Instead of using 7 drivers (four 5 1/4" mid ranges, two 12" woofers and a 1" compression driver), use 4 full range 2" drivers and crossover above 200 hz.

Tang Band W2-803SM 2" Driver This is the preticular driver im looking at. it has very good sensitivity and models quite nice.

Im looking for a 5.1 system so id like to create 4 50 degree by 50 degree horns for surrounds and a 95 degree by 50 degree for the center channel.

Ive got the math all worked out so i wont bother you guys with that but i just wanted some input from ya'll.

Thanks!

Herro All,
I have been pondering Danleys Synergy Horn full range designs and I thought, could i scale one down to say a home theater use :D.

Instead of using 7 drivers (four 5 1/4" mid ranges, two 12" woofers and a 1" compression driver), use 4 full range 2" drivers and crossover above 200 hz.

Tang Band W2-803SM 2" Driver This is the preticular driver im looking at. it has very good sensitivity and models quite nice.

Im looking for a 5.1 system so id like to create 4 50 degree by 50 degree horns for surrounds and a 95 degree by 50 degree for the center channel.

Ive got the math all worked out so i wont bother you guys with that but i just wanted some input from ya'll.

Thanks!

I think this would be a great project.
You may get a better response if you posted the project in the multiway forum however

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.