Mark audio I am looking at two of your drivers help please.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello mark. I have tryed to E-mail but, you must have not gotten it. I am looking at 2 of your paper drivers. One is the Css EL-70 and the other is the Alpire 6P's. I am looking for a driver at is very natural,live and warm sounding. :D. I have always thought paper was the best.:D Also was the Css EL70 made by you for bob over at Css or could I put this in your reg. line of drivers? Also is there a diffrance in papers used in the two speaker drivers? Now last quesion? Are you coming out with a gen. #3 for the Alipre 6p's? Madsiound is sold out of all your drivers but, the Alpire 6ps. I would like to hold off so I could get the newest Apire 6p's you offer. Thanks jm:)

Last edited:
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I have tryed to E-mail but, you must have not gotten it. I am looking at 2 of your paper drivers. One is the Css EL-70 and the other is the Alpire 6P's. I am looking for a driver at is very natural,live and warm sounding. :D. I have always thought paper was the best.:D Also was the Css EL70 made by you for bob over at Css or could I put this in your reg. line of drivers? Also is there a diffrance in papers used in the two speaker drivers? Now last quesion? Are you coming out with a gen. #3 for the Alipre 6p's? Madsiound is sold out of all your drivers but, the Alpire 6ps. I would like to hold off so I could get the newest Apire 6p's you offer. Thanks jm:)

MArk is very busy, having jut built CHR70.3, CHP70.3, Alpair6.2, Alpair10.2 & ALpair7.3. He is the midst of getting them on the boats to the distribs. He has also been a bit under the weather.

EL70 is made by Mark, but with Bob's input tailored for NA.

Both the EL70 & the A6P are natural,live and warm sounding. EL70 is the North American sibling to the Japan/Euro CHP70. These, with the CHR70, are the budget end of the Mark Audio. The Alpair6P is the smallest of the Alpair line. A6P will have greater finese thru the mid & top and reveal any deficiencies in your front end. The EL70 is more tolerent, and even thou only a 4" is the bass monster of the MA line. A10 may go lower, but none rock like the EL70 (and for less than a pair of A10, you can have 4 EL70). A6P is a 3" -- althou it has good bottom vrs most 3", it is a 3".

The 2 paper formulations are quite different.

Mark, i am sure, will continue making his drivers better, he is relentless. But the batch of A6 on the boats next week is the same as the one's Madiosund is sold out of.

dave

Hello mark. I have tryed to E-mail but, you must have not gotten it. I am looking at 2 of your paper drivers. One is the Css EL-70 and the other is the Alpire 6P's. I am looking for a driver at is very natural,live and warm sounding. :D. I have always thought paper was the best.:D Also was the Css EL70 made by you for bob over at Css or could I put this in your reg. line of drivers? Also is there a diffrance in papers used in the two speaker drivers? Now last quesion? Are you coming out with a gen. #3 for the Alipre 6p's? Madsiound is sold out of all your drivers but, the Alpire 6ps. I would like to hold off so I could get the newest Apire 6p's you offer. Thanks jm:)

A note " Alpair" Was missed spelled 4 times as pointed out? Just human:rolleyes:

Last edited:

ra7

Joined 2009
Paid Member
It was meant with the best of intentions. It happens to all of us, it was just too good to let go. Sorry if you thought it was rude. I thought you'll take it in jest, as it was meant to be. And if I had something helpful to reply, I would've replied anyway, like the others have.

Peace, my friend!

MArk is very busy, having jut built CHR70.3, CHP70.3, Alpair6.2, Alpair10.2 & ALpair7.3. He is the midst of getting them on the boats to the distribs. He has also been a bit under the weather.

EL70 is made by Mark, but with Bob's input tailored for NA.

Both the EL70 & the A6P are natural,live and warm sounding. EL70 is the North American sibling to the Japan/Euro CHP70. These, with the CHR70, are the budget end of the Mark Audio. The Alpair6P is the smallest of the Alpair line. A6P will have greater finese thru the mid & top and reveal any deficiencies in your front end. The EL70 is more tolerent, and even thou only a 4" is the bass monster of the MA line. A10 may go lower, but none rock like the EL70 (and for less than a pair of A10, you can have 4 EL70). A6P is a 3" -- althou it has good bottom vrs most 3", it is a 3".

The 2 paper formulations are quite different.

Mark, i am sure, will continue making his drivers better, he is relentless. But the batch of A6 on the boats next week is the same as the one's Madiosund is sold out of.

dave

Thanks I understand dave

Last edited:
It was meant with the best of intentions. It happens to all of us, it was just too good to let go. Sorry if you thought it was rude. I thought you'll take it in jest, as it was meant to be. And if I had something helpful to reply, I would've replied anyway, like the others have.

Peace, my friend!

Thanks for clearing that up :) I really did not know if you were joking or pulling my arm? Thanks again. jm :D

Hi Phil,
Sorry I missed you're email. Been very busy, still working flat out.

My suggestions:
1 - Alpair 6M for a a touch more warm than 6P. Bear in mind I designed the 6M with near-field and smaller room projects in mind so it requires less box working volume. If you're project is for a larger space, consider the 6P.

2 - Not quite sure re the question on EL-70. It was my very first paper driver along with some first Gen. CHP.
3 - There is a large difference on Alp6P, EL-70 and CHP. All have different paper structures.

3 - Alp6P is only a few months old. No plans to change the cone on this driver. What's coming to Madisound is the latest version. Its popular and selling well. I might get a smack on the behind if I start tweeeeking tooo soon.

Thx
Mark.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.