Panasonic 10p5304 question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found these on ebay but the dealer did not have the thiele small parmeters. Anyone know anything about this driver? It looks like
it might be a problem to mount though.

Attachments

• 48-pan-10p53043.jpg
    48-pan-10p53043.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 175
I have 4 of them. I have a bipole arrangement modeled out with Kings Mathcad worksheets. I haven't got around to cutting wood though. I worked out the Theile Small parameters and according to calculations 96db average is not correct its more like 83db. I don't have any fancy way to do it, I just used a digital VOM and website to do the calcs, so maybe my numbers are off, but I got consistent results with 2 of the drivers. I built a 2 speaker mockups similar to the worksheets in cardboard and liked the sound, but being cardboard it was very bass shy. My Mathcad model shows a response down to 25hz at SPL. I will report back when I get the things actually built.

This is the specs I came up with.
QTS=1.18
QMS=1.98
QES=2.93
FS=104
LE=.94Mh
RE=5.75 ohm
SPL=83.10
VAS=3.5 liters
BL=4.33

I have 4 of them. I have a bipole arrangement modeled out with Kings Mathcad worksheets. I haven't got around to cutting wood though. I worked out the Theile Small parameters and according to calculations 96db average is not correct its more like 83db. I don't have any fancy way to do it, I just used a digital VOM and website to do the calcs, so maybe my numbers are off, but I got consistent results with 2 of the drivers. I built a 2 speaker mockups similar to the worksheets in cardboard and liked the sound, but being cardboard it was very bass shy. My Mathcad model shows a response down to 25hz at SPL. I will report back when I get the things actually built.

This is the specs I came up with.
QTS=1.18
QMS=1.98
QES=2.93
FS=104
LE=.94Mh
RE=5.75 ohm
SPL=83.10
VAS=3.5 liters
BL=4.33

Thanks for the informations...
And what the sound impressions ?
Good bass ? And the upper frequencies ? Is around 18KHz or need a external tweeter ?

Thanks,

Aldovan :D

Thanks for the informations...
And what the sound impressions ?
Good bass ? And the upper frequencies ? Is around 18KHz or need a external tweeter ?

Thanks,

Aldovan :D

As is stated in my post I haven't put my project to wood yet so its hard to give any sound impression yet. As far as the frequency response I have no way to measure other my ears. When I was testing the speakers, I held one a couple of inches from my ear and did a frequency sweep, I could clearly hear a tone from about the mid 50's to 15khz. Since I'm 46 you can only take that for what it is, since that might be the range of my hearing anyway. When I get the speakers built I will report back.

other cheap full

As is stated in my post I haven't put my project to wood yet so its hard to give any sound impression yet. As far as the frequency response I have no way to measure other my ears. When I was testing the speakers, I held one a couple of inches from my ear and did a frequency sweep, I could clearly hear a tone from about the mid 50's to 15khz. Since I'm 46 you can only take that for what it is, since that might be the range of my hearing anyway. When I get the speakers built I will report back.

My friend, I find other cheap speaker with neodymium magnets in the Madisound.
This have the datasheet and is very cheap...
Aurasound NS3-194-4B 3" Full Range: Madisound Speaker Store
Do not is a good option, too ?

Thanks,

Aldovan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.