H-Audio 3 "inch Kevlar Fullrange drivers lots of money???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all. I ran across this speaker company and its 3" inch fullrange drivers made of kevlar. I know they are made in hong kong:eek:. The price is way out of this world. The promo is $450.00 a pair for these little fullrange drivers:confused: I just wanted to know what everyone thought? Would you spend $450.00 for a pair of 3" inch fullrange drivers:confused: I know its car audio but, it's still a fullrange driver. Here is the link for pictures and talks about it. I though B&W speakers :D from england was the first to use kevlar for there midrange and woofers nothing new under the sun. Jm

H-Audio / Audible Physics Black Friday/Christmas Pre-Release/Arrival Sale - DIYMA.com - Scientific Car Audio - Truth in Sound Quality

Last edited:
That's a lot of money for a driver that has such a poor FR. That's a 15 dB peak at what?...4 or 5 kHz. I've paid $.49 for drivers that measure not only quite a bit better, but also sounded pretty darn good.
:2c

Best Regards,
TerryO

Last edited:
Kevlar has been around for years.
OTOH, It is hard to wrap my brain around these small (<4) wideband drivers. Yes, I am sure they sound good, but being able to replace a midrange and a tweeter with one driver....is...well...mind altering. But in a good way. How about 10 inch and a 3 inch WB unit?? Possible and much simpler to crossover.

As for an automotive application is should work well too. The price is scary and seems rather high. I do like the 5 MM x-max. You will need a trap to tame it in the 4-8K region.

Hello all. I ran across this speaker company and its 3" inch fullrange drivers made of kevlar. I know they are made in hong kong:eek:.

Hi Phil,
Re you're "eek" negative comment on Hong Kong, you're talking about my home town these 15 years! I've built more than enough full-rangers to know Hong Kong is an excellent location from which to organise this work. There are many excellent International acoustic component and assembly makers in South China. I know the good ones.

Guys
Re these drivers, its not for me to comment on their performance and price. I can state that the components for these drivers will be made in China and likely they will be assembled in China. There is no significant or comprehensive driver component production or assembly in Hong Kong.

Cheers
Mark.

Last edited:
:shy:
Nearfield listening and optimum cabinet & room acoustics ...
Excuse me for the question, but how far away these 3" speakers should be placed, and also in what kind of cabinet, in order to properly reproduce the sound of tuba at realistic levels?

Considering also vertical arrays , when helped by a sub
Sorry, but this is no longer single driver configuration, but just an ordinary (an mistaken) multi-way system.

nice little cones are faster and beam a lot less .
Really? :) I thought the "fastness" of a driver is determined by the VC/motor type. How stupid I am!! :D

Hi Phil,
Re you're "eek" negative comment on Hong Kong, you're talking about my home town these 15 years! I've built more than enough full-rangers to know Hong Kong is an excellent location from which to organise this work. There are many excellent International acoustic component and assembly makers in South China. I know the good ones.

Guys
Re these drivers, its not for me to comment on their performance and price. I can state that the components for these drivers will be made in China and likely they will be assembled in China. There is no significant or comprehensive driver component production or assembly in Hong Kong.

Cheers
Mark.

Hello mark. I am sorry if I came off negative.:eek: I would like to see more drivers made in the u.s.a. were I live.:) I did not know your in hong kong. :eek: By the way mark I E-mailed you awhile ago I have been looking at your drivers for along time now. Are you coming out with a new gen. 3 with your fullrange drivers? Madisound said they are out of stock intill the new ones come in? I also would like to talk to you about a driver I have been looking at? Not much info or projects on this driver I was looking at and I need some help please. If you get time could you please E-mail me when your not busy. Thanks jm

Last edited:
Hello mark. I am sorry if I came off negative.:eek: I would like to see more drivers made in the u.s.a. were I live.:) I did not know your in hong kong. :eek:

Hi Phil, no worries, thanks for your understanding.

Yup, on building in the USA. I'm working on a high-end project that would marry an Alpair driver front end (frame, cone, coil and spider) to an American built motor. The project is low key and long term as resources are limited. I'd love to team up and develop a build project in North America to make the larger Alps (particularly Alp12). It needs a US company (or guys) with driver making experience.

I also have a longer term project in the pipeline for an "all Japan" built Alp12.

Cheers

Mark.

Hello mark. : By the way mark I E-mailed you awhile ago I have been looking at your drivers for along time now. Are you coming out with a new gen. 3 with your fullrange drivers? Madisound said they are out of stock intill the new ones come in? I also would like to talk to you about a driver I have been looking at? Not much info or projects on this driver I was looking at and I need some help please. If you get time could you please E-mail me when your not busy. Thanks jm

Hi Jm,
My humble apologies, could be I missed your last email. Been uber busy building drivers. Nearly 1 metric ton of drivers shipping to Madisound later next week. The up-to-date news is on the Markaudio section in Manufacturers.

Feel free to re-email me (support@markaudio.com) soonest possible (sorry I get many mails so best to re-send). I'll do my best to help and reply.

Thx
Mark

Hi Jm,
My humble apologies, could be I missed your last email. Been uber busy building drivers. Nearly 1 metric ton of drivers shipping to Madisound later next week. The up-to-date news is on the Markaudio section in Manufacturers.

Feel free to re-email me (support@markaudio.com) soonest possible (sorry I get many mails so best to re-send). I'll do my best to help and reply.

Thx
Mark

Thanks mark its all good. :D Well I will e-mail you as soon as I can. Keep up the good work I can not wait to buy a pair of drivers from you.:D Saving up now for them:D

I'm visiting this forum once per week to read some jokes here, but this time I really had a good laugh!
3" and FULLrange - that was funny. Would somebody explain to me how could a 3" driver be called FULLrange?

Well I am glad you got a good laugh from my post.:D Here is some proof about that. I am listing the comanys I know of for diy home audio for 3" inch and 3.5" inch fullrange drivers.

1. Audience A3 ( To much money)

2. Audio Nirvina :)

3. Aura :D

4. Fostex :)

5. fountek ( Not bought yet)

6. Hi-Vi research :)

7. Mark Audio ( Working on it for my next project)

8. peerless ( Not bought yet)

9. Tang Band :)

10. Vifa ( Not bought yet)

11. Dayton Audio :)

12. Css :)

I could have missed acouple of companys but,That is all the ones I know of so far for small drivers. Now he ones with the smiley faces I have had there drivers and have built boxs for them between 3" and 8" inch fullrange drivers. My fav. driver of all time is my moth audio cicada drivers:D:D:D and the aura not made anymore 3" fullrange paper drivers.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.