H-Audio 3 "inch Kevlar Fullrange drivers lots of money??? - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2011, 04:19 PM   #21
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator
 
planet10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Victoria, BC, NA, Sol III
Blog Entries: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil09 View Post
1. Audience A3 ( To much money)
2. Audio Nirvina
3. Aura
4. Fostex
5. fountek ( Not bought yet)
6. Hi-Vi research
7. Mark Audio ( Working on it for my next project)
8. peerless ( Not bought yet)
9. Tang Band
10. Vifa ( Not bought yet)
11. Dayton Audio
12. Css
1/ out of my price range too
2/ there are a couple AN i'd like to try, that is one of them. I haven't been impressed by the one's i've had thru here (all stamped basket ones)
3/ nice, and right now dirt cheap
4/ FF85 was a killer, FE83En is really mid-tweeter use only, my sample FF85wk should arrive this week
5/ a batch of FR88ex cooking. A nice driver for middling price
6/ no experience yet
7/ have both A6.2 models, these should be killer and most bass potential outside of #1
8 & 10/ i have a set of the ScanSpeak version
9/ tried many of those. The 1 pair of unobtainium are v good, others so-so
11/ built by Aura
12/ If Bob had a 3" i'm sure i'd know.

dave
__________________
community sites t-linespeakers.org, frugal-horn.com, frugal-phile.com ........ commercial site planet10-HiFi
p10-hifi forum here at diyA
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 07:23 PM   #22
TerryO is offline TerryO  United States
diyAudio Member
 
TerryO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle,Wash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post

9/ tried many of those. The 1 pair of unobtainium are v good, others so-so


dave
Dave,

The unobtainium ones, are those the cast frame JBL/Tangbands (381 style), that were at Al Wooley's a while back?
I was going to buy those, but you beat me out by about a half-a-minute

Best Regards,
TerryO
__________________
"If you have to ask why, then you're probably on the right track."
quote from Terry Olson's DIYaudio Forum application
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 07:54 PM   #23
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator
 
planet10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Victoria, BC, NA, Sol III
Blog Entries: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryO View Post

The unobtainium ones, are those the cast frame JBL/Tangbands (381 style), that were at Al Wooley's a while back?
Yes

The Tale of Two Tangbands

dave
__________________
community sites t-linespeakers.org, frugal-horn.com, frugal-phile.com ........ commercial site planet10-HiFi
p10-hifi forum here at diyA
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 05:44 AM   #24
Luke352 is offline Luke352  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Send a message via MSN to Luke352
H-Audio is actually designed and manufactured in Indonesia and they actually used to build the Fountek drivers before Fountek took the design and started getting them manufactured in China which is when H-Audio stopped all dealings with Fountek. As for the prices when they were first introduced the prices weren't that bad but with each new release the price increases it seems. But I agree I wouldn't pay that price.

I've never dealt or heard any of there products but I have followed them from when they were first released outside of Indonesia. If I was to use a small fullrange in my car i'd be more likely to use the Hybrid Audio stuff though I think it's even more expensive retail car audio gear is priced just like retail audio gear very expensive.
http://www.hybrid-audio.com/Legatia%20L3SE.pdf
http://www.hybrid-audio.com/Legatia%20L4SE.pdf

As for the small size we aren't dealing with a large room, it's only for a small car interior so a 3"-4" mid is perfect for midrange purposes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 08:45 PM   #25
phil09 is offline phil09  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke352 View Post
H-Audio is actually designed and manufactured in Indonesia and they actually used to build the Fountek drivers before Fountek took the design and started getting them manufactured in China which is when H-Audio stopped all dealings with Fountek. As for the prices when they were first introduced the prices weren't that bad but with each new release the price increases it seems. But I agree I wouldn't pay that price.

I've never dealt or heard any of there products but I have followed them from when they were first released outside of Indonesia. If I was to use a small fullrange in my car i'd be more likely to use the Hybrid Audio stuff though I think it's even more expensive retail car audio gear is priced just like retail audio gear very expensive.
http://www.hybrid-audio.com/Legatia%20L3SE.pdf
http://www.hybrid-audio.com/Legatia%20L4SE.pdf

As for the small size we aren't dealing with a large room, it's only for a small car interior so a 3"-4" mid is perfect for midrange purposes.

Well I agree with you its for a car not a house but, still to much for my blood. Jm
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beautiful 8 Inch South Korean Fullrange Drivers thetubeguy1954 Full Range 122 18th April 2013 08:44 PM
Looking for older aura 3 inch fullrange drivers? phil09 Full Range 5 18th May 2011 02:00 PM
RCA 5 Inch Military Fullrange Drivers thetubeguy1954 Full Range 12 4th October 2008 06:12 PM
Cheap 6 1/2 inch fullrange drivers dpuopolo Full Range 4 4th December 2007 07:12 PM
Fullrange "Roland" drivers on ebay Dave Jones Full Range 1 5th July 2004 01:25 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:37 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2