Fostex FE166, MarkAduio Alpair12 or other?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you found an address that didn't work, i'd like to find it and squash it. Any of the 3 sites in my sig will have my email, and i can be mailed thru the forum.

dave

I see your MX (Mail eXchange) record does not seem to exist:

; <<>> DiG 9.7.1-P2 <<>> mx planet10-hifi.com
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 13804
;; flags: qr; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;planet10-hifi.com. IN MX

;; Query time: 47 msec
;; SERVER: 70.154.150.138#53(70.154.150.138)
;; WHEN: Sat Jun 4 05:47:32 2011
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 35

You can also look this up at mxtoolbox.com or the like. If you are getting mail now, it is because broken mailers (MTAs that do not follow the RFC) are sending it to you. Check with your DNS provider that your nameservers have the MX records enabled for your site. Having no MX record should actually prevent all mail from getting to you. I also checked at mxtoolbox, it seems to be missing there too, unless I am doing something obviously wrong:

Network Tools: DNS,IP,Email

I have a 1st pass sketch of the integrated one somewhere. You could also follow Ed's lead and siamese 4 of them.

dave
I suppose you could do 2 side by side. When you guys talk about a dual-mouth blh needing room to 'integrate' are you referring to the listening distance or the total room volume? I thought it was listening distance and that 12' is too short for a 6' tall horn. Is there a formula or a rule of thumb?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I get email on my planet10-hifi.com accounts just fine. It has been unchanged and worked since July 2004. Here are the DNS records. You will note that the MX record may be a bit strange, but that is the proper way to set it up with one mailserver handling multiple domains.

Takes me a while to put mail where it belongs but there are currently >1000 emails in my planet10-hifi.com in box. Worked for each one of those.

dave

Attachments

• planet10-hifiDNS.gif
    planet10-hifiDNS.gif
    9.9 KB · Views: 262
Further if i go to Who.is: Whois Lookup, Website, Domain Name, and IP Tools - Who.is and search they find the attached DNS records.

Triode3, i think your lookup tool is just a bit simplistic. What email account did you send mail from (it may be different than the one i searched for)

dave

I see the issue that I am seeing... which is that planet10-hifi.com has no MX record, but mail.planet10-hifi.com does. My mailer does not auto-resolve planet10-hifi.com to mail.planet10-hifi.com when sending mail. I find it very odd that other mailers will send you email. I ran two ISPs in a former life, and know a bit about it.

dig is not a simplistic lookup tool by any means, I am only using the simplest of mail queries with it in this instance...

dig mx planet10-hifi.com

; <<>> DiG 9.7.1-P2 <<>> mx planet10-hifi.com
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 7645
;; flags: qr; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;planet10-hifi.com. IN MX

;; Query time: 90 msec
;; WHEN: Sat Jun 4 21:52:46 2011
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 35

Note, if I look up your mail exchange records for mail.. it works:

dig mx mail.planet10-hifi.com

; <<>> DiG 9.7.1-P2 <<>> mx mail.planet10-hifi.com
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 9994
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;mail.planet10-hifi.com. IN MX

;; ANSWER SECTION:
mail.planet10-hifi.com. 3600 IN MX 0 damserver.net.

;; Query time: 71 msec
;; WHEN: Sat Jun 4 21:52:53 2011
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 69

I rarely see anyone who puts the MX record for the mail server itself, and then does not point the "domain" name to the record, even if you have someone else doing mail for you (spam, load balancing, etc). For example:

dig mx google.com

; <<>> DiG 9.7.1-P2 <<>> mx google.com
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 44436
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 5, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;google.com. IN MX

;; ANSWER SECTION:
google.com. 600 IN MX 50 alt4.aspmx.l.google.com.
google.com. 600 IN MX 10 aspmx.l.google.com.
google.com. 600 IN MX 20 alt1.aspmx.l.google.com.
google.com. 600 IN MX 40 alt3.aspmx.l.google.com.
google.com. 600 IN MX 30 alt2.aspmx.l.google.com.

;; Query time: 177 msec
;; WHEN: Sat Jun 4 21:57:02 2011
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 136

Note that google has 5 mail servers, but an mx on "google.com" works.

Well, too much off topic info for a hifi forum. I am sorry I can not mail you from either of my domains. I would have liked to talk about purchasing the flat pack and possibly some drivers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.