Hifi portable beack/festival stereo with tangband

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!
I soon get summer vacation and I've just bought a Logitech Z5500 speaker system from a friend. I'm planning to build a lightweight portable stereo with two or four of the sattelite speaker drivers. The speakers are going to be driven by a S.M.S.L t-amp with Tripath 2020-20 chip. Exempelbutiken - Demo av Textalk Webshop - E-handel och webbshop till branschens bästa priser

Does someone know which drivers there's inside the Logitech Z5500 surround speakers? I assume it's tangband drivers. Does somebody know which volume the drivers are made to play in? I will be playing them fullrange. Sorry for my bad english. I'm from sweden.

Best regards.

Joel Engström

Thank you.

I'm going to build a cabinet soon. I want it to be lightweight and pretty durable. Also pretty cheap. Any ideas?

Material? MDF or Plywood? I want to carpet the box and add grills for the speaker drivers.

What if I buy an instrument coffert and place the drivers inside? It's made of thick ABS plastic, and doesn't weigh as much as wood. It's also pretty durable.

Like this one: GATOR ABS DELUXE KORNETT KOFFER - Thomann Cyberstore Sverige

Hi! Today I've been building the whole day. I'm almost done. The only things that I miss are: a better handle/strap and maybe some protective corners.

Here's some pics. First picture shows the speaker's front with a blue power-on diod.

The second picture shows the speaker with a fabric grill.

The third shows the battery pack. It's a 5000 mAh 5volt battery, driving a small two-channel USB class-D amp inside the speaker.

And the fourth picture shows the bluetooth-receiver which I connect my iPod Touch to, for wireless streaming.

Here's a small video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R33CFk0cjmo

Attachments

• rsz_img_0171.jpg
    rsz_img_0171.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 127
  • rsz_img_0175.jpg
    rsz_img_0175.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 114
  • rsz_img_0173.jpg
    rsz_img_0173.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 118
  • rsz_img_0172.jpg
    rsz_img_0172.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.