Beginner questions, acquiring full system - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th May 2011, 07:23 PM   #21
zman01 is offline zman01  Bangladesh
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post

Zia, whether you like it or not, you gonna end up being in the speaker business. Even if just to keep your wife from killing you.

You shoulda bought more.

dave
LOL! I am lucky that she appreciates most of my work (at least till now) ; even has a listen with me every now and then, but I've also been given the look when I've gone raving about all the builds I plan to do...
Old 30th May 2011, 07:41 PM   #22
49 - for the 18th time
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman01 View Post
LOL! I am lucky that she appreciates most of my work (at least till now) ; even has a listen with me every now and then, but I've also been given the look when I've gone raving about all the builds I plan to do...
I always find it interesting that despite all of our many differences in language, culture, political or economic systems etc. that some things are always shared from place to place. "The look" - ahhhhhhhh yes. We all know what that means - no translation required!!!!
Old 3rd June 2011, 10:21 AM   #23
rossi is offline rossi  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Splendid, I just got them in the mail! As I'm having exam finals now, they will have to wait 3 weeks before I can start building. In the meantime I'll order the amp.
What other things do I need? I have cabling and soldering. Banana pins and speakerposts?
Old 3rd June 2011, 12:01 PM   #24
rossi is offline rossi  Belgium
diyAudio Member

I also found an amp in the basement, it has been forgotten there for at least 5 years.
I'll let it climatise for a few days (it's a humid and dusty cellar).
It is an JVC RX-230R. I could not find much about it, but I found a manual. It should be able to drive 4ohm at 30W. Here are the specs from the manuaL:
Click the image to open in full size.
If they are indeed real, this should be all right for a home cinema system I think?
Old 5th June 2011, 06:25 AM   #25
zman01 is offline zman01  Bangladesh
diyAudio Member

Nowadays Home Theater is in 5.1 or 7.1 configurations. This looks like a stereo (2 channel amp).

Hide this!Advertise here!