compact powerful and kind of cheap speakers for use with 20W t-amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello.. I just bought a T-amp with TA-2021b chipset. Should be 25W per channel@ 4 Ohms. I am looking for some speakers. I am not an expert, nor audiophile, and I am mainly looking for something used on ebay (cannot afford new unless they are rather cheap). What I would like is: - small speakers, not so heavy (like bookshelf type) max a couple Kg each - no need for super powerful, but with big enough woofer for occasional louder playing (but always in rather small room). - possibly some known brands, which I can find used on ebay, or elsewhere.. - price range, less than 50 euros used, or less then 80-90 new.. I know this is kind of selective, I just need ideas of brands to look on the net, because I don't know any, so it's easier with some advice!! Thanks in advance

This can be hard to pull off if you want to go full-range - at least w.r.t. price. If you're OK with multi-ways, I would look into used japanese speakers from integrated stereo kits aimed at the teenage market. I was really surprised by a pair of Sony three-ways with big woofers. The 4-ohm impedance helped squeeze out all the power that could be had from the amp, and the sensitivity was pretty high - probably due to the anemic integrated amp that they came paired with originally. The woofer was quite large, around 8-10". Paired with the good Tripath amp, these were amazing party speakers, and also very very nice for quiet listening, playing cards and drinking beer. The dynamics, clarity, and slightly euphonic nature of the Tripath amp pairs well with almost any speaker, squeezing much more enjoyment out of lame speakers than one would think possible.

If fullrange, you probably want one of the bigger drivers - around 4-6 inches. And 4 ohm, definitely.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.