BIB with Tang Band W4-1879?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hehhe :)

I'm not sure about the sensitivity. I had the same question once, and I still do. I think efficiency effectively decreases in a sealed box, but in a horn the bass efficiency is brought to the same level as the peak efficiency. So perhaps it can be said that a BIB retains the full sensitivity of the driver over the whole frequency range. (I may be wrong though!)

Áfram Ísland! Heja Norge!

Joined 2010
Paid Member
If you go through with it you might consider making the front, slant and back pieces 6.5" wide so they sandwich between the sides which would then be 11" wide. It would simplify the building process ( sorry for the English measurements - too lazy to convert ).

Be sure to report back with pictures and impressions if you build it!

>>> Btw will the drivers sensitivity increase in a BIB?

I think the way to look at this is by comparing what the overall efficiency would be with this driver (or any other in a properly aligned BIB) vs the same driver in a different box. For example this TB in a small sealed box will not have as much bass as in a BIB. So while the efficiency is the same at say 1k, the speaker produces more bass and mid bass in a BIB... which makes the overall speaker sound more efficient per watt.

The links are broken since moving the site to GoDaddy... i will be in my office tonight trying to fix. I hope i can without too much head scratching! Even i miss being able to see the BIB pages! Fact is i changed jobs and can no longer host the site where i was (that's why it's over at GoDaddy now). I intend to get the pages up again... so sorry for the delay. In the meantime, has anyone built a BIB with this little TB driver? I'd imagine it would sound beautiful!
Zilla

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.