Compact for PC use (markaaudio, EJ Jordan, Tang bands...) - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th May 2011, 05:00 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

Juanito,

you can find the documentation about the "Little Susi" speakers here:

http://hifi.splibs.net/content/br/11/little_susi.pdf

The text is written in German, but you will understand, what is needed, what are the characteristics, when you look at the pictures.

This is what is needed:

[img=http://www.abload.de/thumb/ls002xcyc.jpg]

Have fun - Rudi_Ratlos
Old 11th May 2011, 05:06 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

This is the crossover:

Click the image to open in full size.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos
Old 11th May 2011, 05:31 PM   #23
GDO is offline GDO  Spain
diyAudio Member

Tal vez será mejor usar el idioma de la casa...

I have tested a few speakers in desktop situation, among which 2 way studio monitors diy and comercial, JX92S in 3l cube, JX6 in a 1liter Hammond aluminium box ( daaaamped...), TB 3' bamboo, TB 4' titanium, etc ... and finally this last one:

ELTIM Elite 420

Though i must admit dsp is cool to tame the nasty colourations brought by the desktop (and others...) reflexions, the desktop is one of the worst places in the world ( probably after cars...) to listen to speakers, and there is still always something sounding wrong when listening to a loudspeaker shouting ( or wizzpering...) right in your face, in a word: it always sucks... and the best speakers i have listened to on the desktop always sound like crappy little toys!

So i have some good money to spend for the desktop, it would be for a nice pair of good heaphone, or else i would just through some pocket money for the next special offer at the nearest supermarket.
Old 11th May 2011, 05:43 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

@GDO:

How can you tell such a nonsense?

You have neither listened to the "Little Susi" - speakers nor have you ever listened to the sound in my car:

I bet, you will never get out of my car, once you have listened to the music in it.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos
Old 11th May 2011, 06:28 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Music anytime, music anywhere, like snacks ... Fast food and music on the go ... Single serve pocket music on pocket speakers... You said nonsense ?
Old 11th May 2011, 06:35 PM   #26
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Carpenter View Post
have you actually analyzed performance of both drivers. Can we look at the harmonics and inter mods at different SPL levels? What are the differences in motor design? How does surround dampening factor works in to diaphragm ringing?
Price/performance issue has always been there. For me, Fostex for example is worthless because of it's shoutiness, no mater the price. And Fostex isn't exactly inexpensive.
The Fostex is a completely different beast. And i found the stock ones a bit hard on the ears long term, especially the larger ones.

The driver i had in mind was the conceptually similar Mark Audio CHR70. It sounds better, and the cost out of the factory is actually likely more than the JX92s. In terms of size the driver to compare JX92 to is the Alpair10.2 ($220 pr vrs $360/pr) and there is no contest. The JX92 are hear so that people can come to those conclusions themselves.

dave
Old 11th May 2011, 06:49 PM   #27
juanito is offline juanito  Europe
diyAudio Member

Well I only ask for suggestions, not discusions!
First: apologies for writing in spanish.
Second: thanks to all for your help and replys. I really apreciate your time and help. What I'm really looking for is to share ideas and thoughts about diferent loudspeakers in the range that I'm looking for. THANKS
Third: I know we do many things wrong, but no body is perfect and not every one has time to spend in this hobby, or at least as much as somenone would wish. So what ever we do with our lodspeakers(either DIY or bought at the shop) or how we enjoy our time listening to music it's ones business. Many of my friends would say that I'm a bit freak with this DIY world and listening to music, and placeing loudspeakers, and using special cables, caps, resistors, coils, or spending 1000 euros in a pair of lowthers, or 200 Eu in a pair of caps, etc... But that doesn't give me the right to say it's compulsory for the rest; or if someone does it diferent he's absolutely wrong. To sum up, it's a just a present for a teenager; and I don't care if she will plug an ipod with crap mp3's, or if she will stick the loudspeakers in the sealing or next to the bed, or party with them. As long as she enjoy's them... that's fine. There are for her, not for me, and I'm not going to tell her where to place the loudspeakers, or what music she has to play, or whatever nonsense...
Old 11th May 2011, 06:56 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

The Fostex is a completely different beast.

Well said!
Old 11th May 2011, 07:02 PM   #29
juanito is offline juanito  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDO View Post
Music anytime, music anywhere, like snacks ... Fast food and music on the go ... Single serve pocket music on pocket speakers... You said nonsense ?
Yep! I do, and so what!!??
I listen to music anytime, anywhere and any kind!! and NOT like snaks neither like DELICATESSEN!!
What's all this snob rubbish

Do you buy vinyls and cd's just because they are "jaiend" recorded?
Old 11th May 2011, 07:13 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

What's all this snob rubbish

I am not a snob, i am simply twice your age and this means different behaviour, different consumer pattern, especially regarding music consumption, different stuff, different media, different moments, different... different so many things dear...

Hide this!Advertise here!