Compact for PC use (markaaudio, EJ Jordan, Tang bands...) - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th May 2011, 10:43 PM   #11
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

EL70/CHP70 would be my recommendation. I'd have to fine tune the design for the CHP.

dave
Old 10th May 2011, 11:12 PM   #12
GDO is offline GDO  Spain
diyAudio Member

Hola Juanito,

If you really can live with a couple of 5 liters boxes on your desktop, the Jordan JX92S is really hard to beat.

JX6 is more a mid tweeter than a real full ranger, though for the desktop you can really get exceptionnaly clear mids and highs is a super compact package. I find even as low as 1 liter could just be ok for this use, but of course, you NEED a sub, especially considering your musical program.
Old 11th May 2011, 12:30 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

I'd look in to Dayton RS100, small ported or sealed enclosure. For the price you could even do MTM with small neo tweeter but that wouldn't be "full range". If you can swing a pair of Jordan XJ92 that would be a great sounding small speaker as well.
Old 11th May 2011, 02:05 AM   #14
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDO View Post
, the Jordan JX92S is really hard to beat
I have JX92s. They'd be hard to beat if they were priced reasonably. At current pricing they are not so hard to beat.

dave
Old 11th May 2011, 08:13 AM   #15
GDO is offline GDO  Spain
diyAudio Member

JX92S is certainly not a serious contender in the bestloudspeakerpocketmoneycanbuy contest...
Old 11th May 2011, 09:01 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanito View Post
That size is fine for the alpair 6. I think arround 4-5 liters is the maximum I could achieve. Is that design valid for alpair 6P?
Cheers
I've got some A6Ps in 4.4Litres Mark Audio Alpair 6p Application Thread

I'm really pleased with them.
Old 11th May 2011, 12:06 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post
I have JX92s. They'd be hard to beat if they were priced reasonably. At current pricing they are not so hard to beat.

dave
have you actually analyzed performance of both drivers. Can we look at the harmonics and inter mods at different SPL levels? What are the differences in motor design? How does surround dampening factor works in to diaphragm ringing?
Price/performance issue has always been there. For me, Fostex for example is worthless because of it's shoutiness, no mater the price. And Fostex isn't exactly inexpensive.
Old 11th May 2011, 12:25 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

This is my "Little Susi". DIY - what else.

Click the image to open in full size.

With TangBand W4-657B and Dayton ND20FA-6. 20 cm high, 3.3ltr volume.
I like it very much. And it sounds good.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

P.S. Here is the link for a bigger image: http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=ls67z4.jpg
Old 11th May 2011, 03:32 PM   #19
juanito is offline juanito  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudi_Ratlos View Post
This is my "Little Susi". DIY - what else.

Click the image to open in full size.

With TangBand W4-657B and Dayton ND20FA-6. 20 cm high, 3.3ltr volume.
I like it very much. And it sounds good.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

P.S. Here is the link for a bigger image: Bild: ls67z4.jpg - abload.de
That's the kind of loudspeaker I'm looking for!! that size is great! Where did you get that project from? do you have the direct link for it?
Old 11th May 2011, 04:00 PM   #20
juanito is offline juanito  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDO View Post
Hola Juanito,

If you really can live with a couple of 5 liters boxes on your desktop, the Jordan JX92S is really hard to beat.

JX6 is more a mid tweeter than a real full ranger, though for the desktop you can really get exceptionnaly clear mids and highs is a super compact package. I find even as low as 1 liter could just be ok for this use, but of course, you NEED a sub, especially considering your musical program.
Hola, Has probado el JX6?
La idea es montar un altavoz de tamaño tirando a pequeño ( por decir, 4 litros) y que sea sencillo de transportar y de mover con un ampli TA2020. Los kits que he visto suelen ser con un todobanda, aunque prefiero un dos vías. De los kits de dos vías que he visto interesantes se disparan de tamaño de caja. Es como un altavoz de estantería convencional.
El chico que ha sacado la foto de sus altavoces con el portátil es un tamaño ideal. Eso sería cojonudo.
De los kits de todobanda, pues no se. Yo tengo unos omnes audio bb3, y bueno... para mi en el ordenador bien, pero nada más. Si los usara para más cosas que el ordenador desde luego no me los habría hecho, para escuchar música tengo otros.
Pero bueno, estoy casi convencido de que hay todobandas que a pesar de que se hagan pagar es posible que también lo notes en la calidad. Los JX6R tienen buena pinta porque puedes variar el volumen de la caja, desde uno a 4 litros.
Los markaudio, pues nose, parecen un poco versión plástico de los Jordan, aunque no tengo ni idea y no quiero decirlo muy alto por si acaso.

Hide this!Advertise here!