Ideas on Internal Wiring for Saburo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Let's say, hypothetically, that some lazy individual wanted to use the solid core cat5 cable and merely stripped two of the leads inside the jacket and left the rest unused.

One would have all the other wire instead of air around the transmitting pair. This, in theory, would be a disadvantage.

a dozen inches of cat 5 is not hard to seperate

dave

:D Viele Panzer (= many tanks) for the SWMBO translation.
The "mistress" thing, though...a mistress is expensive enough. Once she has become The Missus, your bank manager writes red ink letters.

well, my mind of course was in the gutter, thinking more along the lines of D/S lifestyle

in my own case, the wife is a bank manager, and fortunately has been "assisting" with my financial affairs for the past 38yrs, otherwise I'd be living not just thinking in the gutter

Joined 2008
Paid Member
OK. Gotcha, Dave. Air dielectric is a major benefit with this idea. Just need to be reminded of some basic principles every now and then. :snail:
I ordered the dirt cheap cable from Amazon. Thanks for the link, chazdrumzalot.

Last edited:
Joined 2008
Paid Member
I may have been 'hosed' on the cable deal. It is stranded, and may not even be copper. :D
Hopefully I'll hear back from amazon/the seller soon. Since I ordered mine, Amazon has changed the vendor and increased the price for this item... So I'd advise those looking for inexpensive solid core cat5 to not buy from that link.

On the positive side, the cable smells like licorice...

50 million plus the inhabitants of the country herself? One lives to learn, thanks for the info.
As to my language - don´t try. Spelling Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesellschaftskapitän
isn´t for the faint of heart.

Back to topic - your drivers have done a few hours by now. Are the harshness and the shout gone?

Pit

And what is SWMBO?

Pit,

Sorry - I missed out on this message earlier. Bangladesh is 144,000 sq km and has 160+ million people! Aghhh... that's what I called a densely populated country.

My drivers - Fostex - I guess better now, and have phase plugs installed. The good old ears needed some training to get used to FR, but now I am not going back 3 way anytime soon.

Mark Audio CHR-70.2 - I think it's more to with the cabinet damping and amp. SET is mostly smooth top end, a bit edgy with SEP and PP - will try out a Zobel. Cabinet damping is not working well with the stuff I have hear, seeking out denser fluff.

And SWMBO is getting suspicious of my mental health... :)

-Zia

I may have been 'hosed' on the cable deal. It is stranded, and may not even be copper. :D
Hopefully I'll hear back from amazon/the seller soon. Since I ordered mine, Amazon has changed the vendor and increased the price for this item... So I'd advise those looking for inexpensive solid core cat5 to not buy from that link.

On the positive side, the cable smells like licorice...

I just bought 50 feet of CAT3 (3 pair) from Home Depot for about $8. It's solid 24ga copper. GE branded on the package, white in color.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.