diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Full Range (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/)
-   -   Lone Star Audio Fest 2011 -- Dallas, TX (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/187922-lone-star-audio-fest-2011-dallas-tx.html)

rjbond3rd 27th April 2011 01:18 AM

Lone Star Audio Fest 2011 -- Dallas, TX

I am really looking forward to Lone Star Audio Fest in Dallas this year. The show is May 13-15 and it's completely, 100% free. This will be my third year and I've never been disappointed.

Bob Brines is debuting two new single-driver models, one with the Alpair 7 (folded TL) and another with the Tang Band W8-1772. Plenty of good things to hear.

If you are planning to attend, please chime in. More info: Lone Star Audio Fest

steviedon 27th April 2011 02:19 AM

In....and likewise my third year.

SY 27th April 2011 02:22 AM

Me three. Second time. Ahm a real Texan now, y'all.

Bob Brines 27th April 2011 12:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm writing up the info on my new A7 TL for my web page, but here is a first look. The cabinet is a 36" 6:1 taper TL. While I was doing the modeling, I compared a constant taper pipe with a three constant CSA sections. Not much difference in performance, but the three section pipe is a lot easier to build. The prototype is veneered with walnut and finished with polyurethane.

The pictures are attached to this first post. Performance will be attached to the second post.

Bob

Bob Brines 27th April 2011 12:36 PM

4 Attachment(s)
The first graph is the FR. 0.5m, SPL is relative.

Colors:
White=0*
Red=10*
Blue=15*
Green=30*
Yellow=45*
Violet=60*

Second graph is impedance

Waterfall

THD

Colors:
White=1
Red=2
Blue=3
Green=4
Yellow=5
Violet=6

Enjoy,
Bob

aptquark 27th April 2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Brines (Post 2552910)
I'm writing up the info on my new A7 TL for my web page, but here is a first look. The cabinet is a 36" 6:1 taper TL. While I was doing the modeling, I compared a constant taper pipe with a three constant CSA sections. Not much difference in performance, but the three section pipe is a lot easier to build. The prototype is veneered with walnut and finished with polyurethane.

The pictures are attached to this first post. Performance will be attached to the second post.

Bob

Bob,

The sides butting out a bit in the front...would that pose a problem with radiation?

Bob Brines 27th April 2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aptquark (Post 2552921)
Bob,

The sides butting out a bit in the front...would that pose a problem with radiation?

The speaker is designed to accommodate a grill. This is cosmetic.

Bob

aptquark 27th April 2011 12:41 PM

sweet, thanks

talaerts 27th April 2011 02:00 PM

This A7 TL looks like a nice compact speaker. I am still deciding on a box that I'll use for surround, and occasionally as front speakers to enjoy the full range magic.
Bob, do you intend to make the dimensions and stuffing details for your box available? Cheers.

Bob Brines 27th April 2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talaerts (Post 2553016)
Bob, do you intend to make the dimensions and stuffing details for your box available? Cheers.

Yes and no. As with the recent Scottmoose and Planet10 stuff, I will be charging for the plans. I will probably have them up on my web site a week or so after LSAF.

However, you could probably reverse engineer them from the following:

OD 17 1/2"x6 1/2"x8 1/4". 12mm BB and 6:1 taper. Leave one side removable for testing. Line two sides of the front and back passages with 5/8-1" acoustic fiberglass. No further stuffing should be required.

Bob