How to finde a replacement for a blown KEF tweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been looking for, and I'm not (of course) the first of blowing tweeter from a non-DIY speaker. The model is KEF C7. The problem is that the tweeter has not any printing regarding part number or model, so finding a replacement is an issue.

I am mostly concerned about getting one of the same sensivity (I want to keep the same equalization result). Installing one of higher sensivity would lead to exagerated treble (so the opposite with lower sensivity).

What do you use to do when having to replace a blown tweeter of unknown brand/model? The seller doesn't want to hear about my problem :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance,
Regards

I can't find KEF's email, the contact section leds me to the local distributor. Do you have any?

Best regards,
Regi

Hmmmm.....I see the problem :mad:

You could try the UK contact form and explain your difficulty with your local seller and his unwillingness to supply a replacement tweeter.

Worth a try.

Contact KEF

Good luck,
Steve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.