inexpensive BLH for Lowther dx45 and dx55

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I like to share this idea. I got a pair of Lowther dx45 for a project but, I just happen to have a pair of Madisonsound bk-16 kit(no finish on the enclosure). The lowthers drop right in but the hole is a little too bit for the lowther but if covers them. They sound great, the fostex ff165k has lower bass in the enclosure but not much more because of the small horn. The lowthers are a lot smoother with more detail in the midrange and at the top end is about the same since the kit comes with a super tweeter. These small lowther drivers are fast and detailed. For someone looking for an inexpensive BLH for the small Lowthers, this might be an option. I'm using 10 watt PP sophia electric baby amp to drive them.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Cool! You have something quite unique i think. Are those stands part of the design or are they custom?

Thanks, they are temporary, the kit is sold but I wanted to try out the my small lowthers on them. If I was to keep them I would make a baffle with the right size cutout and glue it over the opening. The stands are from Madisonsound too. They have the stand that tilts the speaker also. Not a bad price and simple to assemble.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.