Rounding internal angles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, a friend of mine told me that internal angles of the labyrinth of a BLH encoluse must be rounded.

I''m building Bicor 200 enclosures that have many acute angles between their inner sectors. I presume that who designed this plan wanted the angles be sharp. I'm I wrong? I think that to vary too much relative dimensions of pieces can affect the sound. This friend suggested me to pass with sand paper very lightly, using hands and not a mechanical sander.

What do you think about this argument? Reading some other posts it seems to be a good idea but I don't know how much to round!

Many thanks

Ziocalepino

Any sharp angles and/or roundovers/countouring , are inherent to the design as you suspect. I suspect that rounding/countouring in a design that has sharp angles, may yield undesirable midrange energy emanating from the mouth......to what degree, who knows. Keep the design as it's drawn. Happy building

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.