My Bipole Aurasound NS3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I have finally finished my sealed bipole speakers. Very unfortunately, they sound a bit too coarse and lacks details and precision. I am not sure if it's the drivers themselves, or the amplifier's not matching, or I am expecting too much from them. Anyway, I am posting some photos here.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I paid a carpenter to build the cabinets for me, so they look pretty nice.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The rear firing driver.

Last edited:
The speakers are 6"W x 7"D x10"H, and are built from 1/2" MDF. The internal volume is about 4L and I have a changeable bottom baffle. It can either be sealed or operate as bass reflex. The port has a diameter of 40mm and length of 120mm, with tunes it to about 70Hz, if I can remember correctly. I actually prefer the sealed cabinet. They are driven by a Marantz A/V receiver, and I suspect the 4ohm load of the speakers makes it somehow difficult for receiver. I am adding a 4ohm resistor just to see if it helps.
The drivers are not probably mounted too, they are just mounted by friction provided by some thick foam tape that I am using to "mod" the driver. Maybe this also accounts for the lack of resolution as there's no solid foundation for the driver to work. There are some more work to do too. The drivers and the binding posts are not soldered, and I hope proper connection will help a bit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.