Critique my F200a design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So.....been playing around in winisd. Before any slamming comes my way.....the goal here was to get good response in a large standmount monitor. I do understand that more extension can be had with this driver in a much larger cabinet......but just not possible considering space and overall room design criteria. Ended up with a 1.5ft3 quasi golden ratio ported cab tuned to 37hz....inside dimensions 14.25w X 8.25D X 22T. Provided the sim translates to the actual end result I think I've got something here......F3 of 42hz and F10 of 30hz respectively. Thoughts?

Attachments

• f200a vented golden ratio 37hz.JPG
    f200a vented golden ratio 37hz.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 186
I'm guessing the lack of feedback is due mostly to little subjective experience with this pricey driver. My only pertinent question I've yet to decide on is port diameter..........will going with a shorter 2" port introduce port noise? My logic says no, as the driver is not moving enough air to be of concern at only 2mm xmax.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.