Alpair 12 Studio Reference Monitors fired up

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ask her about "shoes"

sure a few pairs can take up less space, but at $995 a pair?
NMX0QGA_mf.jpg

My wife has probably 100 pairs of shoes but those aren't her "thing". Jeans are but dang if she doesn't look good in them so I'm more than ok with it :D Haha!

I have to check, it was hobby hifi or klang & ton. One of these did a big test of FR speakers.

I know Hobby Hifi did a large test of FR speakers back in '09, but the Alpair 12 was not amongst them (the units there were the defunct Mk1 versions of the A5, A6 and A10) so it must be a more recent edition. I can't find any references to it in either based on a Google search though.

Last edited:
Well, the smaller Alpairs decayed a lot quicker in the treble. I've seen their tests since a long time and it does happen that a FR speaker has a problematic frequency (the fostex peak also reverbates in the plots), but usually it's a lot better than this.

It is true, it is only a graph, but still...

As much as I appreciate all of the activity that you all are contributing to this thread, I do think that we should try and draw some of it back to being relevant to the Studio Monitor speaker design.

And those are some shoes! Almost makes me wish that I could look good wearing them...instead of silly.

As much as I appreciate all of the activity that you all are contributing to this thread, I do think that we should try and draw some of it back to being relevant to the Studio Monitor speaker design.

Yes, and in fact it's because I like precise studio monitor sound rendering that I brought up the potential issues in the treble - as shown by the waterfall diagram.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.