Rebuilding a 1960 Jensen C12N - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th February 2011, 12:40 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Red face Rebuilding a 1960 Jensen C12N

Hi, I have received a speaker cone, voice coil and a spider for my speaker and I notice the voice coil is taller than the original one. Originally the speaker had a whizzer on it and the VC sat about 1/4 inch proud of the base of the cone. Now it is about 3/4 inch taller than the base of the speaker cone. Do I just leave it alone and continue or do I try to peel the leads back from the voice coil and trim it down? Also the brown or black elephant snot, can anyone tell me a brand name to choose and where I can find it? I am really excited to see how my first attempt to rebuild a speaker goes. Thanks, Roy

Hide this!Advertise here!