Another pair of FONKEN PRIMES

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guys,
Thanks again for your input.
Apologies for another question but my knowledge of speaker designs is minimal at best.

I'm going to attempt something using the 2 x 6.5" woofers I have (separated enclosures but in a single box) as placement options and size are an issue. The drivers are 15 years old and I can't source any parameters for them. They're in a ported 2 way at the moment so I could use the dimensions of the cabinets and reproduce something of the same volume/port size etc. I can then add the inductor to give the low pass value of 1khz. I assume I could then biwire to my amp with the Primes.

Does that sound like a good idea ?

Thanks.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
ou suggested low pass filter at 1khz to support the FE127's in a previous reply ?

Likely a consequence of bad typing. I did say that a midbass should have response to 1kHz, so that when crossed over much lower it is well behaved, and can keep up with the FR in its stopband.

If for instance we 1st order a woofer at 100 Hz, it is down 6 dB at 200, 12 down at 400, 18 down at 800, 24 down at 1600 -- still significant output especially in light of an EnABLed FR. 2nd order doubles those numbers.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.