again in shortened BIB fe206

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi from argentina, I'm again over my delayed proyect, a short BIB with fe206e (70 inches tall)
I'm very confused about the measures of the box, 'cause I have read about different t/s parameters:

Factory parameters: Qts 0,18
Vas 54,53 L

"Practical" Measures: Fostex FE206E Fullrange Loudspeaker Driver
Qts 0,24
Vas 79,9 L

now... using both parameters in the BIB Calc. resulting in very differents measures.

with Factory data:

depth internal 12,54 inches
width internal 8,87 inches
nominal height 70,13 inches

and with de "real" parameters:

depth internal 18,18 inches
width internal 12,85 inches
nominal height 70,13 inches

The question: witch measures i must choose? factory? "Real"? intermediate values? please help me, and excuse my english. Salud!

Is it possible to agree on the measurements? Clicking on the link provided shows someone using the Dayton woofer tester. I am not sure who is more accurate. Without the actual measurements the BIB i would build would be based on the size of your room. If you can build the larger box then go for it. If your room would benefit from the smaller box then build that one. Either one should sound great.
Zilla

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.