Anyone built the Decca Corner Horn (TQWP)?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Did Anyone ever build the Decca Corner Horn?

I have built the Decca Corner Horn. Posted here and at "drboarblogspot". Your drivers should work, lightconed drivers with highQ and high Fr works decently but best is low Q and low-mid Fr. Worst are high Q low Fr drivers like the KEF B200.

I was suprised how good DCH sounded with no damping what so ever! Felt glued to the walls improved them further and so on.

I thought you did as it was not clear hear but I later found your Dr Boar Blogspot, one version I saw suffered from the on line translator but the English version was OK.

From the parameters of the Richard Allen Driver I thought it should work as well, even though they are 12" drivers.

What I was concerned with was the bass end, how far did it go down?

Did you need a sub-Bass Woofer?

And was it all one note and pumping or honking at the low end?

The top end of course will be rolled off unless you use a Lowther or similar single cone driver, or that would be my assumption.

Any thoughts?

With the KEF B200 it was one note bass. The Peerless drivers on the other hand with Q around 0.3 and Fr at about 40 Hz, they sounded really good tight bass down to 40 Hz or so. The Philips 9710 has a 10 db lift above 2 kHz on axis and facing forward it sound quite bad. Facing backwards the end result is far more balanced.

The pipe exit is quite convoluted but in my testing a more conventional opening really did not change anything.

If I could get spousal approval of a pair of Deccas for the TV setup I would build a pair, they are that good and they look cool as well. ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.