Alpair 12 in OB with 15"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI Mark
you thinks the alpair 12 can take in OB the full range with 300b amp?
ie without the HF filter ,only on the alpha 15" near 125 hz, in my 65x105cm baffle , as I use this for my single supravox 215S bicone.
thanks

Hi Nico,
Sure, 300b should work nicely on Alp12. Combining Alp12 with Alpha 15's on O/B should be nice. The Alpha's have a +10dB peak from 1kHz to 2kHz. I recommend filtering this out as much as possible, and experiment with a cross around 200Hz.

Cheers

Mark.

this is the challenger ! my hops is that work fine at lower volume....

Dave is 100% right!! but this can apply at all FR...Dave can you test on the fly ??

for 150€ each need to do same work!!:D

I not like the idea to put a cheaper 80/90µ caps in series... my is 200mm with qts of 0.8 93db work fantastic ,but the A12 is quite low , the tube amp lift a bit 0.4/0.5?

manu

Last edited:
Like to resurrect this thread if I may. I have currently OB's with a pair of 15" Alphas and a B200 per side, driven actively via a DCX2496. I've just purchased from Scott a pair of Alpair 12's, which I'm hoping should be a straight swap for the B200's, given I'm crossing over at 200Hz. what's the panel think?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
An A12 wouldn't be able to handle an OB without helper woofer like the B200 can, but with bass support A12 should get better DDR, more even response, and more extended top end. Your B200 already have phase plugs so dispersion at the top should be similar. And, given my last set of B200 measures, about the same efficiency.

dave

Hello!

I'm currently playing with the OB's of TB W8-1808 + Alpha 15A and I have liked very much of the sound. I got an idea to built same kind of OB's with Alpair 12 elements. Do I get any advantage (or disadvantage) by using Alpairs insted of Tb?

Currently I have 1.st order filter for TB at around 450-500 hz, and 2nd order filter for Alphas at around 130-150 hz. They seem to be working very well together. I have also L.pad controller for TB in order to match the levels seamlesly. Should they work also with Alpairs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.