Cabinet design alpair 10

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys

Im planning an Alpair design and I am inclined to go for the Alp 10.
However it needs a 10-15 liter cabinet size what the wife wont agree on ..

Now Im thinking of ways to have volume without it showing it.

I came up with the following idea, not sure if it works so I wonder what you guys think of it.

Since the speakers will be located on both sides of the LCD TV I plan to use the unused space behind the TV, but then still the maximum volume I can get is about 6 Liters for each speaker.

Now what about connecting the two cabinets and therefore creating one big 12 Liter cabinet for both drivers ?
Will both drivers benefit from the increased volume and have a lower bass response ?

thanks

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
How big a TV?

You could put A10.2 into a 6 litre sealed box, Q= 0.83 (a simple realization attatched)

Sharing a volume gains you nothing and loses alot.

dave

Attachments

• A10g2-6L-sealed.gif
    A10g2-6L-sealed.gif
    31.8 KB · Views: 404
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
84 Hz would work (really) well with a sub, you might find it a bit lacking without.

My 42" TV is 62 cm tall. If you could live with a spaker the same height as your TV, i could likely come up with a box that would get you another ocatve on the bottom, and the same depth of the TV (mounted on the wall).

dave

I came up with an option : dual bass port.

So one cabinet next to / behind the TV of approximately 6 L (each) and then in a low cabinet below the TV I could connect a second Bass cabinet with approximately 18 L, splitting it up 9 L each.

Therefore making 15L cabinet per unit :) I guess this could work ? I have seen more design with double sound chambers. Question is how big the port should be between the two.
Does a Ma10 have a lower F3 then a Ma7 in a 15 L (ported) design ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.