EL 70, Tubes vs S.S.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I believe I read in a post I can no longer find that the EL70 is more suited to SS. Of course efficiency is a concern, but I had the impression there are other issues (Thiele-Small parameters?) Can someone explain? If I am having a senior moment, my apologies. John

I am using a Dayens 25w amp driving little Johnblue 3 speakers. I wish it had a little more bass, not the port kind, and would play a bit louder. IMHO not a bad combo but just a bit more on the speaker side would be satisfying. I am aware of the Planet 10 designs with are very attractive.

On a wild hair, I was toying with a small OB using an el70 as the mid or tweeter. I have kinda decided I do not have the technical chops to risk the money.

I gather the suitability of the 4-ohm el70 to SS is just impedance vs damping. THANKS to all, John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.