questions about shortened BIB fe206e

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi from Argentina, I have a couple of questions, I want to build the shortened BIB with fostex fe206e and I'm confuzed about the internal measures. Running the BIB Calculator I obtain the following:

depth 12,54 inchs. 31,86 cm

width 8,87 inchs. 22,53 cm

Corrected Height + internal base 72,19 inch 178,12 cm

Corrected Z-Driver 28,59 inch 72,62 cm

are this data correct?

I must add to the depth the thicknes of the internal diagonal pannel?

I don't understand the utility of the "semicircle radius" semicircle length" and "difference from
original line" data, have this data any utility in the building?

No more by now, Thanks in advance and excuse my poor english

GM

Joined 2003
Greets!

There is more than one BIB calculator and do not know which one you used, but this type of cab alignment does not require a high degree of dimensional accuracy, so using my own calculator:

W = 8.89"
D = 12.56"
H = 70"
A-B-C = 6.278"
zdriver = 30.38"

All dimensions are internal and approximate and not far off from yours enough to be audible.

Using this W x D ratio, I see no need to add the divider board thickness to 'D', but you can if you want.

Note that this design assumes the published specs are accurate (which I doubt) and an insignificant amount of series resistance is used, so if either is off much, the net cab volume (Vb) will be too small, possibly sounding under-damped, requiring much more stuffing than normal to smooth it out, so you might want to consider increasing Qts at least to 0.3 and using these larger W x D, A-B-C dimensions.

I have no idea what the rest is about, maybe Godzilla or someone else will enlighten us.

Regardless, good luck with it and let us know how it turns out and what all you did to get them to perform well, or not.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.