• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Pensil Pics, lets show 'em!

1KdKi7LjUn4AAAAASUVORK5CYII=
MA 12P Pensils
Having the boxes appear to float on the bases is a nice detail

I guess my pic gets the prize of worst lighting :)
White automotive paint on mdf enclosure. (Mdf was because they were supposed to be proof of concept only, but the result was too good)
CHR 70.2

Attachments

• 20140105_111125.jpg
    20140105_111125.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:
Automotive undercoat.
The prep work was a PITA though.
The cabs were actually painted alongside a Lamborghini Miura that was being painted the same color (Glossy white).
I have a picture somewhere showing both in the paint booth but I can't seem to find it :D

hajj, nice ones! I have gone very similar way, but my proof of concept was made of wooden panels, second build I decided to use mdf (there were cheap opportunity to cnc the mdf I decided not to miss, just to compare), and also covered them with white spray paint - great minds think alike ) I've did rounded edges though )) Just got to reinstall the drivers and post pics...

hajj, nice ones! I have gone very similar way, but my proof of concept was made of wooden panels, second build I decided to use mdf (there were cheap opportunity to cnc the mdf I decided not to miss, just to compare), and also covered them with white spray paint - great minds think alike ) I've did rounded edges though )) Just got to reinstall the drivers and post pics...

Thanks!
I actually went for automotive paint because it seemed much easier than veneer.
I had the panels CNC'd for cheap (cost me around 55$ including the MDF cost)
I had planned to round the corners, but it would have made the prep work much harder. So I settled for the look you have here.
Next set (A10.2 pensils) will be rounded over and painted glossy black :)

I'm torn actually. Extra LF extension is attractive, but I'm sat here with the 10p's and I want for nothing, it's delicious. On the other hand :) I've repeatedly found on this journey, that I didn't know something was missing until I found it :D

Probably the super P rather than put myself in the position of ever asking

"what if"?

I'm also going to experiment with multiple dowels for bracing.