Best way to highest efficiency? - Page 8 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th January 2011, 08:45 PM   #71
diyAudio Member

Seconded. Your help / advice / posts are much appreciated Greg. Hope you keep it up!

Cheers
Scott
Old 30th January 2011, 10:01 PM   #72
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM View Post
Hopefully, the folks here understand that's never been my intention...
Of course not, and hopefully folks here won't think I wasn't intending to imply otherwise. In spite of their inadequacy-inducing nature, I've always admired your huge... tracts of land.

Quote:
...though I have had the occasional email suggesting that I should spend my time with my own kind, i.e. only post on HE forums, and let others of a similar audio desire come to me/us.
No ****?

How pathetic.

se
Old 31st January 2011, 01:33 AM   #73
diyAudio Member

>>> I have had the occasional email suggesting that I should spend my time with my own kind...

F them. From small speakers to large your input is MUCH appreciated. You double check math, offer suggestions, speak from your experience, etc... stay!

>>> since they assumed I was already mostly deaf from such a huge phallic symbol, with more than one woman wanting to know how many guns I owned...

lol. no ones asked about guns but they all can see my collection of fake guns and knives (for self defense practice), heavy bag, speed bag (which is in the listening room) and various striking pads. My kids and i love to hit stuff!
Old 3rd February 2011, 06:24 PM   #74
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2cthomas View Post
As long as the UI is user friendly ('n even men like that too - I think) and the system matches the decor.
Yeah, that was a problem initially since I used separates rather than the typical receiver and with no remotes, all I could do was set it all up to turn off/on via the pre-amp's power button except the RTR.

Decor has never been an issue for me, though in my youth I was a 'neat freak', so the electronics, record collection, etc. area tended to look like something out of a mainstream magazine display. Plus, I didn't/don't much like looking at big matte gray or black cinema horn stacks any more than women do, so being corner loaded, they had a full width, ~ceiling height screen hiding them with the fabric chosen to either best blend to the wall's color or at least not clash with it. Even big horns don't intrude much, if any more than a corner china/curio cab and looks like one of today's corner panel absorber array.

GM
Old 4th March 2012, 05:35 PM   #75
diyAudio Member

I agree with Bigun. For most applications, a low power tube amp can work with the smaller 3 inch full rangers, like the tangband drivers. I have used a lowpower SET with them, and got descent volume in a near field setting. But the 5 watt GLOW single ended tube amp drives the Hivi and Aurasound 3 inchers to surprising volume levels. The miniwatt and the small Jolida EL84 push/pull have enough power also.

I like the better dispersion and flatter response of the small FR drivers to the sound of the larger full range drivers. I use a sub to augment at the low end, but let the full range drivers do their thing above 100 hz.
Old 4th March 2012, 07:12 PM   #76
diyAudio Member

there is always that 8" radian co-axial driver.

use that on an OB and use another 8" driver to supplement bass. could even use it as a large bookshelf speaker.

Hide this!Advertise here!