keele line array, bad start...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I was about to embark on making a don keele's type line array, since I already have 200 small tweeters, this time I ordered box of 3" midranges, Aurasound NS3-194-16A, this is what I found in front of the doors today...

Attachments

• as1.jpg
    as1.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 1,769
  • as2.jpg
    as2.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 1,640
  • as3.jpg
    as3.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 1,595
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Time to put in a claim...

:(

Of course you don't collect, the shipper does... but if it was Madisound (?) they ought to make good on the missing drivers before they collect... maybe... contact them...?

Good luk.

_-_-bear

Why would shipper collect? Shipper (Madisound) did not loose any money, I did.
Will see, I contacted both, Fedex and Madisound. Will keep you posted.

That is unbeleivable Our postys are bad in australia. But that .. that is unbeleivable. I would wait for him to come back and slap him.Well not really. Mine leaves my parcels in my box and in the last few months the next store neibours decided to steal the parcels so I had to get a box. Maybe you might want to think about a box. They couldnt do that to a post office. Perhaps somebody had a go at the box after they delivered it and got interupted. Any missing?

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I suppose some kids were having fun...
Yes, someone cut to top of the box with sharp object, even some speakers inside were cut.
And yes, there is bunch of them missing.
Fedex should not leave box like this just in front of the door. I have the side door, like the covered porch, thats where the parcels are left most of the time.
Well, will see what Fedex says.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
File a police report. You might not be the only one.

good idea!

btw, did anyone already used these AuraSound drivers? They are small, but that should be ideal for line array, they go quite deep for such small driver, they do need a tweeter, I believe. Anyway. I have not had time to measure them, but first listening is they sound ok, quiet, but nice tone. Quiet, since they are 16 ohm, but thats fine, I will be putting 4 in paralel to get 4 ohm.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Wow, that's bad. Not really FedEx's fault, but still.

We have a sign on the front door that says "All Deliveries to Back Door, Please!". But the occasional idiot still leaves them there in the snow and the rain. Not our postman, tho. He's a good guy and brings everything to the back and rings the bell. He got a good Christmas present this year. ;)

Sorry to see the mess, hope you get it straightened out. :xfingers:

Joined 2004
Paid Member
do you know how to compute the curve for a keele array or are you trying to copy it exactly?

I will experiment a lot. First of all, I have no idea how I can make curved baffle and drill the holes to it and have it all fit...I do not have extensive tools. I think I will try to make sections, and then connect those to approximate the shape. When it comes to the shape, there is plenty of information in his presentation and papers he published, but I do not think its so critical. People do strait arrays, curved array, curved in, curved out, with or without power tapering, you name it...lots of options. I am at the beginning. Will have to think about it. So far I am just gathering drivers, literally, from the floor.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.