keele line array, bad start...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you look at the assembly manual for the CBT36, it has all the settings for the DCX2496.

He uses a LOT of low end EQ. Also, the tweeters are crossed over at 1K. Seems really low considering the ND91 is a 'full range' driver. I crossed my Auras at 6K .. that seemed to be where the natural roll-off of the driver stated and the Apex tweeters are happy there.

The only EQ I am using is a dip around 1-3K. The CBT36 EQ does the same thing. This takes some of the 'boxy' sound out of the mids.

Instead of trying to extend the Aura drivers down to where a 'subwoofer' is needed, I used the NHT1259s and cross higher at 150Hz.

Here is the link to the manual. DCX settings start on page 70.

http://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/manuals/301-980-audio-artistry-inc-cbt36k-manual.pdf

I was at CES in Vegas last week, and had the opportunity to meet Don Keele and audition his CBT. I don't know why the crossover point was set at 1KHz, but I suspect that it is the cause for the flat sound of the line array. My 2 buddies felt the same way, and we came away very disappointed with the overall sound. All subjective comments, but the wow factor was not there at all.

Hong

If you look at the assembly manual for the CBT36, it has all the settings for the DCX2496.

He uses a LOT of low end EQ. Also, the tweeters are crossed over at 1K. Seems really low considering the ND91 is a 'full range' driver. I crossed my Auras at 6K .. that seemed to be where the natural roll-off of the driver stated and the Apex tweeters are happy there.

The only EQ I am using is a dip around 1-3K. The CBT36 EQ does the same thing. This takes some of the 'boxy' sound out of the mids.

Instead of trying to extend the Aura drivers down to where a 'subwoofer' is needed, I used the NHT1259s and cross higher at 150Hz.

Here is the link to the manual. DCX settings start on page 70.

http://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/manuals/301-980-audio-artistry-inc-cbt36k-manual.pdf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.