Alpair 12 Woden Solstice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm curious if anyone has built these yet?

Solstice-c-3D.gif

I think its a really cool looking design but couldn't find any more info on them. Did I miss it somewhere? The size doesn't bother me, I just wonder how these would do vs a SuperPencil12 or similar design?

Ok. And the SuperPensil12 is one of the better designs out for that driver isn't it? I'm thinking of replacing my Strata Mini's ... I don't expect 27hz response like my Minis give of course :)

What would beta testing involve?

Scott

This is not fair Scott - I'm still hooked on the Super Pensil 12s (that too without stuffing) and you are moving on to other designs? :D

You build this fast - and since you'll have the Super Pensil 12 for comparison, it'll be great to hear your from you the listening experiences.

-Zia

p.s. how are you making it SMBO filter with all those big cabs? For me, small/medium has become beautiful after BIB and Super Pensil 12 :D

This is not fair Scott - I'm still hooked on the Super Pensil 12s (that too without stuffing) and you are moving on to other designs? :D

You build this fast - and since you'll have the Super Pensil 12 for comparison, it'll be great to hear your from you the listening experiences.

-Zia

p.s. how are you making it SMBO filter with all those big cabs? For me, small/medium has become beautiful after BIB and Super Pensil 12 :D

Zia,

I posted this before I did the SuperPensil's so I haven't built these yet. I still kind of want to though. We'll see if I'll be able to though because we're moving and I don't know how well everything will fit.

As far as big speakers go, I can put as big as I want in my house. My wife lets me have fun with my hobby :D

Scott

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.