Ikea Salad Bowl 4" full range speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am in a very similar situaltion, trying to finish these speakers before heading back to uni, mine are basically done, tangband drivers, amp 6 from 41hz, they sound very good. now i need to find a way to stop them rolling away, i was thinking three rubber balls made into a triangle with coat hanger wire. sods law determines that nobody sells bouncy balls around me :p.
any way enough waffleing have a read of this, the exact question you are asking and i was happy with the result.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/176830-ikea-bowl-speaker-drivers.html

enjoy

Hi polop1,

This is my idea for the stand, simple but will work. Also i will build them as desktop stands, but then also cut the pole in half near the bottom and work out a method with bolts and nuts(or smaller tube inside one so they can slot together) of a way another piece of tube can be very easily be inserted between speaker and stand and make them floorstanders. To join the wires I'll use headphone jacks hidden with the wire inside the tubes and at either ends of the tubes so they can quickly and simply rejoin the wires back up.

speakersforinternet.jpg

Got until Saturday...

Joe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.