I am a driver *****! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd January 2011, 03:22 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default I am a driver *****!

The past few years I’d consider myself a driver *****! Nearly nothing’s more enjoyable to me than sticking different drivers into different cabinets… BIBs, OB, Sealed, Ported… you name it, I’ve stuck a driver into it. And I never feel guilty either! Often I enjoy cheap drivers! I use and abuse them for months at a time… sometimes years… then toss them aside only to replace them with another. And expensive drivers are not held in much higher regard. In fact, often cheaper drivers offer more pleasure… if they only knew I’d pay more for them!

I built three pairs of speakers over the Christmas break. One for me using the Beta 12lta, my older son has a great looking pair of OBs using B20s + piezo tweeters + Jamo buyout 15” drivers… pics to come, and my little guy has a pair of ceiling speakers in a cute little OB setup with dragons painted on them. He listens to all sorts of music on Grooveshark.com… something I never knew about until recently.

In many ways it pays to be a driver *****! There are no diseases and it prompts you to listen and enjoy music, sometimes even with friends and family!

Here’s to a productive new year to all of us!
Old 3rd January 2011, 03:46 PM   #2
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Wow, all those confessions in only one new year. Congratulations Zilla you are now free of audio encumberances.

Cheers.

Hide this!Advertise here!