Woden Dunideer Build Complete

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here are some pictures of my Woden Design Dunideer build. It uses the Mark Audio Alpair 6. So far they sound great. They excel at jazz and acoustic music. Nice big soundstage and fantastic dynamics. They are a pretty easy build as well.

P1000691.JPG

P1000765.JPG

P1000767.JPG

P1000769.JPG

P1000768.JPG

Glad you're enjoying them. That's a really nice build. :)

To answer a couple of the general queries:

-Essentially, driver efficiency in back-loaded enclosures doesn't change. They don't operate over the entire audible frequency range, just a narrow portion thereof, preferably from the desired lower cut-off down to the driver's mass corner frequency. Therefore, while you can boost things considerably in this region, it is only in this region.

-No compensation for step loss is required. The A6 already largely self-corrects for step loss, & the horn provides the rest.

Last edited:
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2011
The Dunideer throws a huge soundstage and is a really fun speaker. It was also a super fun speaker to build. That said I am not sure I could live with any 3-4" single
driver speaker forever. I need more output. The Nathans are fantastic speakers that I really love.

Is it just the lower output and perhaps lack of bass (after all the drivers are only so big)?

Jaz

The Gedlees are not made to play low. So both require a sub. I sort of suck at describing the differences. I would take the Gedlee everytime if I had to choose one. To be fair I spent $ 2k+ on them and less then $300 on the Dunideers. So not really apples
to apples. Luckily I don't have to choose one. Sometimes you feel like a nut sometimes you don't.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.