Seas FA22RCZ full range project

I notice in your pics a metal ring that appears to secure the spider to the frame, but I havent seen that in the Madisound pics or the ones on the SEAS website. Can you comment on what it looks like it does? Is it aluminum or some other metal? Thanks

You can find high rez pictures here:

Seas H1597 FA22RCZ - a set on Flickr

That metal ring looks like acrylic. I will take some more pictures of this and add to the set above.

What will happen if i mount them on a open baffle, lets say 1220x1220mm center the driver and put each baffle 45 degrees in a corner?

Will there be any bass out of that?`

attachment.php

Attachments

• baffle.jpg
    baffle.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 2,245
What will happen if i mount them on a open baffle, lets say 1220x1220mm center the driver and put each baffle 45 degrees in a corner?
Will there be any bass out of that?

Depends what you regard as decent bass output.

Combined response of the Seas centrally positioned on the 4ft x 4ft baffle you mention across a room corner (small gap to either side). 1m on-axis. Excuse the HF roll-off; I forgot to remove a low-pass filter when I ran it through MathCAD. OK for giving you an idea of what it's doing at the bottom end though. Personally, I'd rather use it on a smaller baffle crossed to a couple of 15in woofers below ~500Hz, but YMMV.

Attachments

• Seas Baffle.GIF
    Seas Baffle.GIF
    6.9 KB · Views: 1,709
Last edited:
I was wondering does anyone dear to sugest a horn construction for this driver.
its so many constructions out there and i tought many of you have som experience with some of them :)
I know this is difficult of course but maybe someone have a good gut feeling about one of the universal designs out there:):)

I have to double-check my numbers the next time :rolleyes:

1220mm = 48 in, not 56

Here is a new sim with a 48x48 baffle. I will make a proper cab for this driver, but there are some people coming over next Saturday - and no baffle was no fun...

Attachments

• seas-ob-sim-48x48.png
    seas-ob-sim-48x48.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 1,604
I have to double-check my numbers the next time :rolleyes:

1220mm = 48 in, not 56

Here is a new sim with a 48x48 baffle. I will make a proper cab for this driver, but there are some people coming over next Saturday - and no baffle was no fun...

I see:) but it still look best to move the driver somewhat up on the baffel
but not to high :)
Are you going to try it in your dallas horn's to next saturday?
I am very curious to hear what you think of it in the dallas horn you know:):)

I was planning to try these speakers in OB baffle like Wharfedale SFB, but with custom dimensions(WxH) 700mm x 650mm with (WxH) 250mm x 630mm wings. Attached picture is model from plan.
I almost ordered sheets for prototype but then I starting to think that should I increase height of baffle? I can't do any wider baffle but higher baffle is possible up to 1800 - 2000mm. Is there any sense to increase height?
So maybe I change my plans and try first Papa's like baffle which are also mentioned in this theard.

I already ordered pair of FA22RCZ but they was sold-out from Finnish distributor, so I need to wait few weeks. All comments are wellcome.

-JoniR

Attachments

• JoniR_SFB_small.png
    JoniR_SFB_small.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,641