Seas FA22RCZ full range project - Page 11 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2011, 06:17 PM   #101
joern is offline joern  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikko03 View Post
i wonder if anyone can give me som input on this.
Do anyone think my drawing will work with this driver
i dont trust my own results so i realy appreciate if any of you would check it out
Hi

simulation with ajhorn looks fine !

Red: Seas in 73liter conical HornReflex as above
Drak Green. Seas in nikko03 horn

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 06:30 PM   #102
joern is offline joern  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
sorry,
forgot the link in post #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by joern View Post
and a (german) text - the pictures and graphs should speek for thereself
Lautsprecherbau - Axis AX-HR
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 07:47 PM   #103
joern is offline joern  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by joern View Post
Drak Green. Seas in nikko03 horn
Hi Nikko

while thinking about your horn ...

it is close to a Replikon - horn ! The only difference: this is a straight horn to the bottom, Replikon uses curved ones to the front.

The authors of Replikon horn gave a rule by thumb for their horns:
take Volume for closed box with Qt = 0,8
Double this Volume for BR (this volume is something around a Thiele-Small alignment)
add 10 to 20 % (because of large apparture from horn)
construct a horn

the Qt=0,8 Volume is around 35Liter for the Seas driver...
this may result in your 80 liters.

well done. I hope, it sounds satisfying !
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 08:13 PM   #104
nikko03 is offline nikko03  Norway
diyAudio Member
 
nikko03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by joern View Post
Hi Nikko

while thinking about your horn ...

it is close to a Replikon - horn ! The only difference: this is a straight horn to the bottom, Replikon uses curved ones to the front.

The authors of Replikon horn gave a rule by thumb for their horns:
take Volume for closed box with Qt = 0,8
Double this Volume for BR (this volume is something around a Thiele-Small alignment)
add 10 to 20 % (because of large apparture from horn)
construct a horn

the Qt=0,8 Volume is around 35Liter for the Seas driver...
this may result in your 80 liters.

well done. I hope, it sounds satisfying !
I have to say thank you for outstanding help and this gives me hope for my project in the future
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 08:45 PM   #105
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Napier, Hawkes Bay
My drivers arrived from Hasaudio last week. Nice! Should be able to try them in my OB's within the next week or so.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 08:49 PM   #106
nikko03 is offline nikko03  Norway
diyAudio Member
 
nikko03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey_audiogeek View Post
My drivers arrived from Hasaudio last week. Nice! Should be able to try them in my OB's within the next week or so.
I have to say you have something to look forward too
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2011, 11:45 AM   #107
nikko03 is offline nikko03  Norway
diyAudio Member
 
nikko03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
A better drawing of my project for those who is interested

Click the image to open in full size.
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 12:12 PM   #108
nikko03 is offline nikko03  Norway
diyAudio Member
 
nikko03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Joern what program do you use for your simulations
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 01:24 PM   #109
joern is offline joern  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikko03 View Post
Joern what program do you use for your simulations
Hi Nikko

for simulations I use ajhorn in the version 5.0

Version 6 is avaible now.

AJ-Systems: Simulation von Hornlautsprechern und Transmissionlines mit AJHorn
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 01:30 PM   #110
nikko03 is offline nikko03  Norway
diyAudio Member
 
nikko03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by joern View Post
Hi Nikko

for simulations I use ajhorn in the version 5.0

Version 6 is avaible now.

AJ-Systems: Simulation von Hornlautsprechern und Transmissionlines mit AJHorn

Thank you Joern maybee i will buy it for further simulations i think it looks nice
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Seas FA22RCZ specs are up: mp9 Full Range 30 2nd July 2012 10:04 PM
SEAS FA22RCZ MLTL JimM Full Range 52 29th January 2012 10:34 PM
Seas full range in 1,5-way saschagabor Full Range 6 27th January 2011 04:43 AM
SEAS Full Range Single Driver vizion Full Range 75 12th February 2008 08:39 PM
Seas T18RE full range Fantastic Multi-Way 3 26th March 2003 05:00 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:38 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2