Just finished desktop OB Tang Band W5-1611

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just in case anyone's interested, breaking these in before testing on a simple OB panel at my desktop. Have then crossed to a sub under my desk at 100hz and they sound pretty not bad. Highs are right there and crystal clear. Mids and midbass a bit weak which leads me to believe these are best suited to a ported box or some kind of TL. I'll reserve my final alignment once they've been measured. Very well made driver by the way. Construction is first rate with no noticable flaws. Magnet housing loaded with heat sinks so i imagine these can get pretty loud provided the mfgrs efficiency rating of 90db is accurate.

Just in case anyone's interested, breaking these in before testing on a simple OB panel at my desktop. Have then crossed to a sub under my desk at 100hz and they sound pretty not bad. Highs are right there and crystal clear. Mids and midbass a bit weak which leads me to believe these are best suited to a ported box or some kind of TL. I'll reserve my final alignment once they've been measured. Very well made driver by the way. Construction is first rate with no noticable flaws. Magnet housing loaded with heat sinks so i imagine these can get pretty loud provided the mfgrs efficiency rating of 90db is accurate.

Nice. Im breakin in mine now in the cardboard boxes they came in. The plan is to put them in 2 metre tall BIBs.

Regards /Bo

Attachments

• IMG_0561.JPG
    IMG_0561.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_0568.jpg
    IMG_0568.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 368
Just put them into some scrap 3/4" MDF panels with simple bases for now to break em in and get a feel for the tonality. They're already out now and off to be measured. if the results are good, they'll be posted. But they do sound very detailed. My final design will be a ported box of 14-18L tuned to 50hz.....or a mid for a three way possible 1st order if the top end is clean enough.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.