Seas full range in 1,5-way

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I´ve been contemplating whether to post this in "full range" or "multi-way". Since it´s about full range drivers and only 1,5-way, I´ll take my chances here.

I´m in the final stages with cabinets for my Seas Exotic F8, only days from completion. This is the recommended 60l sealed enclosure. Other designs will follow, in time.

However, I also have plans on testing the new full range Seas Prestige FA22RCZ. From the specs and recommendations from Seas, this is close to a drop-in replacement for the same enclosures. I´m looking forward to testing them against each other.

To the chase:

The cost of the new full range also opens for a 1,5-way construction, something I´m anxious about trying. This way I can keep sensitivity up, as I won´t need a inductor and resistor for baffle step compensation.

I´m thinking about testing two combinations:
1) two FA22RCZ
2) FA22RCZ for BSC and F8 full range.

The plan is one sealed volume for each driver. This will also make direct comparisons easy.

Any thoughts and/or tips on the matter will be highly appreciated.

I´m using a Luxman SQ-38u, a 25W tube amp, to drive them. It´s only been used for about fourty hours, so both it and the Exotics need some burn-in before I can comment too much on the sound.

The cabinets are still work in progress, still naked MDF. I.e. nothing much to look at right now. I´m contemplating new enclosure design, 1,5-way is one of them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.