Sonido drivers (data)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to all,

herewith I post some technical data for Sonido drivers for guys, who looking for:
Some explanations:
A - for alnico, No A - ferrit, SFR -SuperFullRange for BLH, SWR - SuperWideRange for BR.
There are also SCW-midwoofers from dia 200, 300, 400 mm.

I already built 2 enclosures BR with SWR145A (12 Liter-box) and SWR200A (52 Liter box).
Now is building of BLH on driver SFR175-8 in progress.

Attachments

• TECH SFR200-A.doc
    59 KB · Views: 231
  • TS Sonido SFR 175-8(A).jpg
    TS Sonido SFR 175-8(A).jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 1,782
  • TECH SWR 145-A.doc
    58.5 KB · Views: 186
  • TECH SWR200-A.jpg
    TECH SWR200-A.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 1,549
  • TECH SWR250.doc
    56 KB · Views: 124
  • TECH SWR300 BR.doc
    97 KB · Views: 151
Hi Sergii,

Really interesting!

Can you provide some detail on how you took the measurements? For example, I assume the drivers are mounted in the cabs, and the measurement took place indoors? If so, could you say more about the room dimensions, the speaker's proximity to the walls etc.?

Thank you in advance!

Hi Sergii,

Really interesting!

Can you provide some detail on how you took the measurements? For example, I assume the drivers are mounted in the cabs, and the measurement took place indoors? If so, could you say more about the room dimensions, the speaker's proximity to the walls etc.?

Thank you in advance!

Hi, rjbond3rd,

all graphics I`ve got from the manufacturer Ishvan Varga (Sonido).
all measurements were done for dia:
145 in closed encl. 10 liter
175 -//- 16 liter
200 -//- 22 liter
on axis from distance 1 m.

Room dimensions - 30 m2 (5 x 6 m), relevant for LF till 300 Hz

Additional to my first post: the second FR is for SWR200A

Below photo of drivers SFR175 + SCW300. Some guys have built quasi 2-way speaker in BR-enclosure. Full range + LF-section (lower 150-200 Hz).

Attachments

• PHOTO SCW300+SFR175.jpg
    PHOTO SCW300+SFR175.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,517
Last edited:
sergii

Hello,
my KORNETT, POSAUNE is built with the 145 + Sph135 Monacor,
exellent feedback, goog..Translate helps.
kornett FB in the middle
in this case a 160 mm width inside
posauplan

for the 175 the Posaune
for the 200 Posaune with 280 mm width inside

and a bass, size up to 150% to the front driver
invers with +- change.

with feedback, measurements

Attachments

• miko-160mm kornett2web.jpg
    miko-160mm kornett2web.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,409
  • Posaune_innen2_klein linberg.jpg
    Posaune_innen2_klein linberg.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,384
I just wanted to share some information about Sonido drivers from my comp I collected the last year. So if there is a need of somebody I can attach also some shematics of enclosures simulated and made by Ishtvan Varga without any costs etc.

Here are also data for the smallest driver SFR145-8 and 145A. Enclosure BLH which very easy to build. The most detailed and emotional sound of all Sonido drivers. I have the similar one for Bass reflex SWR145A. For rooms till 20 m2.

Attachments

• TECH SFR145-8.doc
    55.5 KB · Views: 141
  • TECH SFR145-A.doc
    56.5 KB · Views: 135
  • AE SFR145 HORN.doc
    98 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• BOX_2_SONIDO_SFR200.jpg
    BOX_2_SONIDO_SFR200.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 552
they're in box made by Sonido plans

pictures are here Sonido Proto Ayon - diyaudio.rs

it's pair made by my friend Igor (SuperFi)

there are some plans to make another one lsp with SWR200 AlNiCo on OB and either 12" or 15" Sonido in ML TQWT

we'll see when ......

Why the SWR200A is your better choice for OB with 12" or 15"?
I think the SFR200A would be better because the lighter membran with the nearly same motor - as a result more resolution and more sensivity - 95 dB or 93.

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I like them both

in fact - first I had SFR200
then I pass that pair to one guy at Baby DiyA ........ because he's in urge to make boxes with them and I wasn't

then I wanted to try SFR200A , but we ( Mr. Varga and I ) misunderstood and he sent me SWR200A

I pass that pair too to another guy , from same reasons .......... now I have some other plans - for me - which also include collaboration with Sonido ....

anyway - we ( several Serbian DiyAs ) have experience with SFR144 , SFR200 , SWR200A ........ in various boxes ; let's say that Sonido horns are absolutely safe bet

Sergii,

Do you own these? What enclosure are you going to use? How about a picture of the rear of the driver. I purchased the SFR200A and I am thrilled with them, a fine driver.

BDP

This picture sent me Ishtvan because I asked him. I only ordered a pair because I finished now BLH with an old SFR175-8 and would like to test these drivers in my new enclosure (take a look in photo galery here).
Ishtvan said the sound is the same but he test all driver in closed enclosure (SFR175 in 15 liter). For BLH I made a new simulation with a new driver in hornresp. So bass is deeper - 50Hz (- 0dB).
I think Sinido is very good driver with very natural sound.
Rear is always the same depends only on magnet type - alnico or ferrit. The alu-basket is very simple but stabil

Attachments

• PHOTO SCW300+SFR175.jpg
    PHOTO SCW300+SFR175.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 913
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.