Sonido drivers (data)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
O.K.

Attachments

• PB180069-1.jpg
    PB180069-1.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 843
  • PB180070-1.jpg
    PB180070-1.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 818
Not yet. The driver with textile surround shoud have more resolution at Mf and HF because of lower mass (Mms) and should have more bass extention and punch. May be the difference could be not so big.
Ishvan wrote me that he tried to catch the Qts=0,27 and he `ve got it.

Well I still have about 2 days to change my order :)
although I like the frequency plot of foam version better.

:):):)
It is absolutely not relevant. Forget it. You will never find the absolutely identical pairs of the driver.
The foam pair I own has another FR.
You have also to burn in the drivers during appr. 200 hours. After these 200 hours the sound of Sonido drivers will change.

That's a pity. I find that bumb at 900hz very useful. Along with baffle step bump at circa 500-700hz it gives almost (there is little bumb at 6khz) ruler straight response from 500hz up.
(on my 45cm wide open baffle)

Do you know anyone who compared both versions directly ?
Istvan Varga wrote me that there is no sonic difference between them and that he's gonna consequently offer both versions.

Last edited:
I allready wrote about theoretical differencies. But the question is if you are able to catch them by your ears. You can never see at FR more resolution or more punch at LF or 2-3 msec less group delay etc.
Qts = 0,27 means the driver has better operation with membran that means more clean bass for BLH.

As for me I would take the textile one. It is your speaker and your decision.

Last edited:
Sergii, how do you like your textil 175 ?

I am waiting also for the new AlNiCo-magnets from Japan. Ishtvan wrote he will receive them soon. They are bigger and better for linearity of FR.

Will see.
I am also looking for some just more fundamental - something bigger like SWR250A textil. This BR-full range driver has a phase plug. Textil surround will reduce on 2-3 g the Mms - more resolution for such big driver but also bass extension. I think 15 g Mms for 10"-driver is very good.

Last edited:
I suppose a super tweeter would be needed with SWR250. My friend compared directly SWR200 with SFR175 and he claims that in direct comparison SWR's lack detail and resolution.

You wrote that new Japanese magnets are bigger. Are they bigger just phisically or also stronger. Do you have any info if QTS is going to be even lower than now ?

I suppose a super tweeter would be needed with SWR250. My friend compared directly SWR200 with SFR175 and he claims that in direct comparison SWR's lack detail and resolution.

You wrote that new Japanese magnets are bigger. Are they bigger just phisically or also stronger. Do you have any info if QTS is going to be even lower than now ?

Of corse, the resolution of a 10" driver is allways worse than of a 6 or 5" driver because of heigher Mms (5-6 g vs 15-17 g). The bigger one has also a bigger sound and more extension at LF. The old magnet for SWR250 (former Beag-stock) had nearly not enought power for 10" driver.
The new magnets are bigger (better powered) and important (!!!) better toleranced +/-5%.

The Qts of SFR175A textil is 0,27 (was 0,33).
No data for SWR250A textil with new magnets. But Ishtwan will design this driver also for BR-application that means the Qts should be between 0,36-0,4 otherwise we can get enought LF.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.