Seas FA22RCZ specs are up:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You beat me to it. I just toddled on to the Madisound site today after a couple of weeks away and noticed them available. I heard them at last years Burning Amp (in the Nelson Pass demo room) in a very simple open baffle setup and they sounded pretty good. I wonder how they compare to the Wild Burro Betsy? I suspect they are far superior in max excursion, but then you get what you pay for (at least if you're lucky).

These look impressive with 30 fz and the 14mm xmax. I checked to see how this would work in a BIB and it would be massive. 20 inches wide by 30 inches deep and 9 feet tall.

Wow, you really got me there!

Xmax is not 14mm, that's the spec'd maximum peak-to-peak excursion, likely limited by the suspension travel maximum. The maximum "linear" peak-to-peak excursion is only 6mm, and Xmax is half that (Xmax is one way), so 3mm, not 14mm.

Horrible looking on and off axis response above 2k Hz. But that is what you FR guys are used to, I guess.

-Charlie

You beat me to it. I just toddled on to the Madisound site today after a couple of weeks away and noticed them available. I heard them at last years Burning Amp (in the Nelson Pass demo room) in a very simple open baffle setup and they sounded pretty good. I wonder how they compare to the Wild Burro Betsy? I suspect they are far superior in max excursion, but then you get what you pay for (at least if you're lucky).

I heard these at BA, too, and I really wasn't all that impressed but the room was far from flattering for any speaker. I'm not really a full range guy however.

These cost $130 each. You can buy the parts for a nice two way that would blow these out of the water for the same or less.

-Charlie

That will buy a some Alpair 10.2 as well.

dave

Yeah, thats the thing i've been hung up on. My next project is down to the two of them. The Seas has more efficiency but needs a huge enclosure. The Alpair 10.2 is flatter but at the expense of much less efficiency. Tough choices... I Wonder why Seas went with that big roll surround and not an inverted one or an accordian style?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.