back loaded horn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I doubt that anybody is interested in showing me the math (much less helping me with it), but I would really like to design (or led to a design) a back loaded bass cabinet for this 8" fullrange...

Pioneer B20FU20-51FW 8" Full Range Driver | Parts-Express.com

Which I plan on pairing with my "AA4 tube amp.", which is only using a 50c5 for the output, hoping to get around 1.5 watts, so this looked like the best option...

Anyways, hope somebody could help me and lead me in the right direction...

Thanks,
Nick

Preemptively stating that no one is willing to help is a sure way to kill your inquiry from the start....just thought I'd point that out.

With that said, if you want to design I would suggest downloading hornresp and giving the math part a go for yourself, as I'm far from an expert on that.

Also, the BOFU "might" yield satisfactory listening nearfield with only 1.5 watts, but I presume from your inquiry the undesigned horns in question will need to fill a room, in which case 1.5 watts will be insufficient given their 90db efficiency.

Some reading....http://www.quarter-wave.com/Horns/Back_Horn.pdf

nige838

Hello,
very cheap,
but the lack of highs would it not prefer as a
single driver, but i simulate the driver in my
double horns SAXOPHON and RDH20 and it will work
as an second invers indirect driver, like Visaton Bg20
and SPH-210 Monacor.
~97 dB 34 Hz extrem good IMP for an amp with 1,5 W
enough.

Attachments

• saxophon nirvana.jpg
    saxophon nirvana.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 223
  • rdhb200web.jpg
    rdhb200web.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 222
  • rdh20 nahweb.jpg
    rdh20 nahweb.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 224
I suggest putting the driver on the bottom of the box ,obviously tilted .
Curvy box (at lest from the outside ) with large baffle ,since the power is ...:eek:....the box may be thin and rigid . The more the horn expansion from throat to mouth transforms air velocity and vibration in air pressure radiation,
the least the material (of the mouth)has to face those forces but somehow has only the duty to direct the sound , so a braced thin plexy sheet would suffice .
Pardon me GM ,HM , for the strange explanation ....:cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.