alpair 12 box

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello!

first...sorry for my english because I am french Canadian.
I want to make a box for my alpair 12

but I like électronic music like trentmoller, so i want to make a small box for have a fast and tight response.

its a bass reflex box of .636 cubic feet, what you thinks about that?

Attachments

• box.pdf
    7.4 KB · Views: 208

GM

Joined 2003
Well, it makes a nice, high tuned 0.5 Qtc sealed alignment, but you say it's a BR, so need the vent dimensions. That said, based on published specs this is too much volume (Vb) for a simple BR unless driven with a high output impedance, so are you?

GM

GM

Joined 2003
With this vent, it is what is known as an extended bass shelf (EBS) alignment which works well with either a high output impedance or in a low tuned (sub) woofer alignment, but not so much otherwise IME. I mean you can add damping to roll it off, but as is, it won't provide what I consider a 'fast'/'tight' response.

I'm not you though, so of course only one way to know for sure if it will meet your performance goals.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.