Frugel-Horn Mk3 Builds & Build Questions

Hello HMJ,

FH3 - a lot more than the sum of its parts, but, designed properly in the first place. If you want soft, warm and pleasant use valves. If you want bright, sharp and analytical spend £20 on Class D (including the power supply) lol.

Cheers - J

Cheers. I'm using old school Nytech amplification but about as much as a compromise between valve and class D as you can possibly get imo.

Thanks for the reply Scott, so realistically FHXL, Pensil and the TQWT you designed for it are my only options by the sound of it, unless I settle with a BR stand mounter. as you had a hand in the design of all, which one would you be putting your money on to build in terms of low extension

Sorry, missed this. FWIW, there are a couple of others that I've done: the DCR floorstander I did (not included on the pdf, but it's on the CHN110 thread. Shameless plunder of Dave's driver drawing ;) ). And recently as part of my antelope series, Kewel (a relatively compact MLTL). Sketches of both attached below. Both lightly damped alignments, Fb 37Hz & 34Hz respectively (former has a second tuning higher up like all DCRs). If any questions, probably best asked over on the main 110 thread to avoid taking this one OT.

Attachments

• CHN-110 double chamber reflex.PNG
    CHN-110 double chamber reflex.PNG
    60.9 KB · Views: 248
  • Kewel CHN110 compact MLTL.PNG
    Kewel CHN110 compact MLTL.PNG
    52.3 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
Sorry, missed this. FWIW, there are a couple of others that I've done: the DCR floorstander I did (not included on the pdf, but it's on the CHN110 thread. Shameless plunder of Dave's driver drawing ;) ). And recently as part of my antelope series, Kewel (a relatively compact MLTL). Sketches of both attached below. Both lightly damped alignments, Fb 37Hz & 34Hz respectively (former has a second tuning higher up like all DCRs). If any questions, probably best asked over on the main 110 thread to avoid taking this one OT.

Thanks again Scott. The Kewel looks very interesting. Cheers

Edit: Regards Woden Design Imbolc, what is the height of the port please, dim is missing? Cheers

Last edited: