BK-16 with FF165K & FT96H?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am about to order the BK-16 from madisound. Should be going with FF165K before they runs out. But I am not too fancy about T90A as it can't be cab mounted if I decide to change cab next time.

What do you guys think about FT96H? I guess it can be easily place resting on top of the BK-16 without any stand. I can also cab mount it next time if I want to. But will it pair nicely with FF165K in BK-16?

Series a 1uf mundorf silver-oil and parallel a 22ohm or a 47ohm resistor as crossover for the FT96H. Will it work?

Last edited:
>>> What do you guys think about FT96H?

It's excellent! And yes, in the future, if you change the cabinet you can mount that tweeter above or below the 165k - which is also excellent - or on the back of a cabinet - like i do with my BIBs using the 165k - or you can use that tweeter with another woofer of your choice in the future. The more expensive T90A is also excellent but limits you to stand alone duty. Cain and Cain makes a Super Abby speaker that uses the 165k in front and the FT96H on the back.

Lovecraft Designs Audio Equipment | The Abby

>>> Series a 1uf mundorf silver-oil and parallel a 22ohm or a 47ohm resistor as crossover for the FT96H. Will it work?

Yes it will. You may or may not feel you need the resistors but you can certainly see if they make any difference.

Enjoy building the project!
Godzilla

thanks godzilla for the link. atleast I know someone out there uses the same combi! I wonder what was the xover like for the super abby.

next question: i know sounding is very individual preference. but which cap generally sound better sonically in xover? the mundorf silver oil or the fostex copper/tin foil? they cost about the same from madisound.

- Louis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.