Plans for cabinets for 10" fullrange drivers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re-post from audiocircle.com:

If you have built or plan to build speakers with a single, crossoverless 10-inch driver, can you please post a link to your chosen design or give a brief description? There seem to be many tried and tested options for 8-inch drivers (back loaded horns, transmission line, bass reflex, etc.) but I could not find almost any for 10-inch drivers. This may be of interest to anyone considering to build a pair of 10" fullrange speakers. Thank you.

So far I was directed to this thread but other options are appreciated:
www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/118236-s-p-q-r-ez10-cast-10-a.html

Peter (Slovakia)

Hi HM,
really, those are not small speakers, even regardless of WAF ;)
Thanks for sharing. Do you happen to have any report on how they sounded?
Did they have satisfying treble? How about soundstage and "disappearing act"?
Did you find them lacking something?
Peter

Yeah, 10" seems too big to get properly extended treble out of it. A super tweeter could well be in order.

wouldn't need a tweeter a Philips 'ad 4000 m',

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://bodyodd.msnbc.msn.com/_news/...pea-plant-sprouts-in-this-guys-lung?GT1=43001

Last edited:
Re-post from audiocircle.com:

If you have built or plan to build speakers with a single, crossoverless 10-inch driver, can you please post a link to your chosen design or give a brief description? There seem to be many tried and tested options for 8-inch drivers (back loaded horns, transmission line, bass reflex, etc.) but I could not find almost any for 10-inch drivers. This may be of interest to anyone considering to build a pair of 10" fullrange speakers. Thank you.

So far I was directed to this thread but other options are appreciated:
www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/118236-s-p-q-r-ez10-cast-10-a.html

Peter (Slovakia)

Can I suggest you look for cabinet designs for Coral Beta 10's, Flat 10's, or perhaps Coral / Peak 10CX50(1) coaxials?

Doug

Not there yet

Hi Thomas, the speaker project has been put on hold (autumn priorities: edible forest garden and time with kids) but my curiousity kicks in every time I see the AN drivers just waiting on the shelf. The vacation time at the end of the year is when I see this project actually finished...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.