Saburo build question....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have decided to do a Saburo build this winter. I have built a number of kit type speakers in the last few yrs, including OBs and arrays, and this will fit in nicely for the cold winter months up here in Canada. I have emailed Dave and will getting a couple of his "specials"...I am really looking forward to it.

I have a question....
Now dont get me wrong I like the looks of the cabinet, I'm just wondering if I can change the mouth of the horns without screwing them up.
I am thinking of flareing them out....perhaps an inch and a half each side so the shape is more like an hr glass. The back panel would stay the same shape, just the 2 sides of each horn, was thinking it would also stabilize them a bit and give them a bit more character.

What you guys think?

Thanks.................Perry

With FE126e getting rare fast Saburo's days are numbered, although its replacement will (hopefully) be available v. soon. We need to get the frugal-horn pages updated asap to reflect this (caused by the major revisions to the Fostex range).

FWIW, yes, you'll throw the alignment out if you change the terminus away from what I designed.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
With FE126e getting rare fast Saburo's days are numbered

Get them while you can ... althou i expect an odd pair of FE126e will pop up from time to time freed from lifr in the datk of the closet. I've about a 1/2 dozen pair left.

If you want to make a cosmetic change, it should be an external add on that doesn't change the actual flare.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.